Gran Tourismo 5
11-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Gran Tourismo 5
YES 5! they are already talking about 5 and 4 isn't out yet..

----
bron: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/564/564826p1.html?ui=watch

"November 09, 2004 - Gran Turismo 4 has just finished its development cycle. While developer Polyphony Digital is still hard at work on Gran Turismo 4 Mobile and, possibly, Gran Turismo For Boys, we're sure someone at Sony has mentioned Gran Turismo 5 to the folks behind the worlds' most successful racing franchise.

Series producer Kazunori Yamauchi, addressing the press today, shared a few comments on what we can expect from the next main entry in the series. "So far in the Gran Turismo series," explained Yamauchi, "we haven't had cars crash or overturn. We believed expressing this properly to be more difficult than actually making [the cars] race. In addition to properly replicating the underside of the car, when a collision occurs we'd have to have proper shape changes based on proper physical calculations. In Gran Turismo 5, we'd like to definitely add this element. We believe it will be a big theme."
Crashing isn't all Polyphony is considering for GT5. Apparently, the limited EyeToy support offered in the Nike limited edition version of Gran Turismo 4 could hint at some features from GT5. Mentioning his interest in the mere idea of a game making use of images from a camera, Yamauchi states that he'd like to make use of image recognition in GT5. He doesn't go into specifics beyond this, unfortunately.

If GT5 does feature image recognition, it most likely won't be through the EyeToy. Polyphony has already provided strong hints that the next main console GT game, whenever it should arrive, will be on the next generation of PlayStation hardware. We presume this will, in addition to giving the team enough graphical prowess to render the underside of a car, also provide a default image recognition system, which Sony has hinted would be a key part of its next system."
----

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
11-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Gran Tourismo 5
Omfg. Now i don't want GT4 any more, gimme GT5! Big Grin

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Gran Tourismo 5]
11-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Gran Tourismo 5
Why doesnt GT come to Xbox?!? Angry Crying

Sarcasme is just one of the things I offer Wink

Daily driver: '92 Toyota Carina E GTI
Rebuilt project: '86 Levin hatch
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Gran Tourismo 5
Because it is sony's main selling point for the ps2? if it came out for the xbox they could lose part of their market?

Widar, start saving up, you'll need a ps3 for GT5.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

11-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Gran Tourismo 5
Because nobody will want to buy PS2 anymore :wink:

I bought PS2 with GT3 more than 2 years ago and it's still the only game I have.
11-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Gran Tourismo 5
Hey Dorito,

that makes two of us. GT4 will be my 2nd game for my PS2Smile

Are we sick or whatSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

11-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Gran Tourismo 5
Its pretty obvious I think...

Just look at our cars man. Yours, mine, everybodys cars are proof that there is permanent damage :wink:

But do we care about that ? Hurray!
11-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Gran Tourismo 5
Actually,

I think its not the damage engine that the makes of GT are worried about. Something that always struc me is that the AI of the computer cars isn't to bright and they bump into everything they meet. If you would have a damage engine all the computer cars will end up not finishing the race due to damageSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

11-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Gran Tourismo 5
mux213 Wrote:Hey Dorito,

that makes two of us. GT4 will be my 2nd game for my PS2Smile

Are we sick or whatSmile
Oh shit, you guys have missed some real good games;

Metal Gear Solid 2
Burnout 3
The whole GTA-series
Final Fantasy

Amongst many!

11-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Gran Tourismo 5
Its weird,

I love the GT series of games - I have them all for my PS or PS2.

But about a year ago I stopped playing GT in favour of Project Gotham 2 on the Xbox. Why ? thats a very good question.

1. It has the entire german ring - the big one
2. Is there any more reason required ?

I have also found that for some reason the driving dynamics in project gotham 2 seem more realistic to me - and the Xbox controller seems better designed for racing games.

I placed GT3 a few days ago just to see if something is wrong with me. I found it to be slower and it gave less of an impression of speed. I still love drifting in GT3 with my turbo'd sprinter but I prefer project gotham for driving.

Anyone else finding this

Regards Ian.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sprinter Trueno AE86 added to Gran Turismo Sport banpei 3 8,241 04-27-2019 10:34 PM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Gran Turismo 5 haggis 39 53,118 02-11-2011 12:07 AM
Last Post: Blue86
  AE86 in Gran Tourismo 5 Prologue Spec II banpei 12 15,024 04-03-2008 02:00 AM
Last Post: Apolan