Got another SR5....and along with that I got some questions!
03-16-2008, 09:04 AM
So anyways I got another SR5. For those of you who didn't see my other thread, the old one was a non running car (with an immaculate interior, shell, and new shocks: tokico blues) that I got for very cheap (500 USD).

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Got another SR5....and alon...questions!]

As you can see in the pic the engine is missing a MAF/AFM and the filter of course. Its also missing the radiator and alternator as well as the fuel pump and lines. The throttle cable is too short as well (Sr5). This car was 600 USD and was not running at time of purchase.

Anyways my questions are:

1) What is the bare minimum we have to do to get this car running?

2) The guy told me he had the stock sr5 tranny (with sr5 bellhousing) in there and I was confused because I thought you needed the GTS bellhousing to bolt up there. Assuming he does indeed have an SR5 bellhousing bolted up on there can I still run the car? I also have the GTS bellhousing, I just would have to get an engine hoist to lift out the engine right?

3) Would the 4AC manifold work on this? I was an idiot and forgot to check if there was a manifold on the block!! Can you guys tell from the picture?

I will be placing this in the projects section. I will also include many pics and explanation of all the problems we faced since both me and the friend are newbie mechanics (computer engineers...go figure) and we want to help others like us just like you guys have helped us.

Thanks as always Smile
Find all posts by this user
03-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Q: 1 Headers, o2 sensor (if your are going to drive w the afm system)
Q. 2 Yes u can use but be ware of the headers so they dont come near the lines for the clutch so wrap w heat tape.
Q: 3 No it will not!

DonĀ“t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow
03-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Where is the oxygen sensor located?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20v Silvertop - New Haltech ECU & Couple of questions 20valver 8 294 04-25-2024 12:39 PM
Last Post: 20valver
  Brake Bias Questions mad.matt 10 9,782 01-03-2019 04:54 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  wider rear axle,track width,suspension questions ditn 6 7,617 10-18-2016 11:50 AM
Last Post: fantapants
  Suspension questions leon205gti 17 13,233 04-30-2016 09:26 PM
Last Post: krullibull
  Brake questions d3nso 12 13,464 01-20-2016 01:06 PM
Last Post: pack