Fuel surge common problem?
06-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Hello,

Do any of you experience fuel surge as a problem when drifting. I know the obvious answer would be to say to get in my car and find out for myself, but just bought a non-runner, and it doesn't have a tank in it, so I am thinking if fuel surge in a problem I'll get my own tank fabricated rather than getting a standard one.

Thanks,
Jason
Find all posts by this user
06-20-2005, 11:48 PM
Never heard anyone mention problems with that.... I've certainly never had any problems but I've hardly been drifting...

I'd be more worried about oil starvation myself though:0

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
06-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Been sideways in AE86 Corollas for about 9 years now, never had a surge problem on any of the AE86s I've had...

Keep between a quarter and half a tank in and I very much doubt you'll ever have any trouble.

More likely you will have trouble from the tank leaking fuel at the filler neck join when you put 3/4 tank or more in :wink:

So you bought Crap's Levin? Cool... whereabouts are you mate? If you need any help, just give us a shout (I'm in West Sussex).

Will
06-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Dogs Danglies Wrote:Hello,

Do any of you experience fuel surge as a problem when drifting. I know the obvious answer would be to say to get in my car and find out for myself, but just bought a non-runner, and it doesn't have a tank in it, so I am thinking if fuel surge in a problem I'll get my own tank fabricated rather than getting a standard one.

Thanks,
Jason

Get a......

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2005, 10:15 AM
When i run under 1/4 of a tank i have fuel surge problems while drifting hard.
I almost crashed once on mobikrog when I was drifting, my car "staled" in a drift causing violent spin towards the fence.

I have bought another fuel pump and have fuel catch can, but no time to mount it in my car.

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2005, 02:49 PM
When i have under a 1/2 tank,mine will make surge on accel

Regards,
Skassa

Any fool can go fast in a straight line.
VEMS Blacktop 4AGTE20V 272hp/350nm
"""www.turbotoys.dk"""
06-22-2005, 12:00 AM
20vWill Wrote:Been sideways in AE86 Corollas for about 9 years now, never had a surge problem on any of the AE86s I've had...

Keep between a quarter and half a tank in and I very much doubt you'll ever have any trouble.

More likely you will have trouble from the tank leaking fuel at the filler neck join when you put 3/4 tank or more in :wink:

So you bought Crap's Levin? Cool... whereabouts are you mate? If you need any help, just give us a shout (I'm in West Sussex).

Will

Fuck dude you been into drifting corollas 9 years, Respect! , you must have been doing it since before it was cool :wink: .

I'm over Heathrow way, but I reckon I should be straight forward getting it running again.

I hate it when petrol pisses back out the filler neck, I find mass amounts of gaffer tape sort out the shit pig BMW when that happens
06-23-2005, 03:59 AM
i have fuel starvation with about 1/4 tank left when drifting.

LONG LIVE TOYOTA!!
08-06-2005, 03:48 PM
I've also had this problem with anything less than a 1/4 tank, although with over a 1/4 it has happened with sudden direction changes, only on right handers though come to think of it.

http://www.ericosullivan.com