Fuel Seems to cut out?? & a lights question
04-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Cars acting a little wierd? not sure if the fuel is literally cutting out but seems like it.
driving on the highway, seems if i stay a constant speed some times, it feels like i take my foot off the accelerator?(without doing that ofcourse) and itll cut out the accelerator, and then all of a sudden like Vrooom kick back acceleration to catch up to the 200-500rpm that it just dropped. it will randomly kick back in even if i try and accelerate again it takes it own time. itll do this for a fraction of a second at a time.

other problem is my headlights!, i turn the switch, and they will open, but sometimes not turn on? or when i turn the switch it just makes an awful buzz sound and wont stop till returned too the off position.

gahhh
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Dunno about the headlights, but the fuel problem is more easily traced.

Think you might have a flaky connection at the circuit opening relay (that's what it's actually called), or between the relay and the pump.

Try a direct cable from 12v to the pump and see if your problem persists.
That should allow you to rule out the fuel pump assembly as a suspect.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Chapstick Wrote:other problem is my headlights!, i turn the switch, and they will open,
but sometimes not turn on? or when i turn the switch it just makes an
awful buzz sound and wont stop till returned too the off position.

There are relays involved, and one of them is faulty. Get someone to
turn the switch, while you find the one that is buzzing.

Cheers... jondee86
04-11-2010, 03:12 AM
alright sounds good. ill let ya kno how that goes. i also noticed the caps connecting to my spark plugs are shit, barely holding on, 2 of them are quite loose. thinking it may be bumps disturbing it,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you seperate trueno kouki bumper lights into zenki bumper lights? gh0st 17 6,121 12-19-2021 11:58 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  AE86 dash and running lights gone out Mikezore 10 17,862 01-11-2013 07:16 PM
Last Post: Mikezore
  TRUENO HEADLIGHT PROBLEMS CAUSING ENGINE TO CUT OUT manhoolee2000 2 3,914 10-10-2010 11:27 PM
Last Post: Hachi
  Halfshaft moving in & out - strange problem max_ae86 6 6,035 05-22-2010 10:16 PM
Last Post: max_ae86
  dash lights and park lights problems **Sigh** adamsaiyad 5 5,966 05-07-2010 01:21 PM
Last Post: adamsaiyad