Tail light wiring...
01-30-2024, 06:46 PM
Tail light wiring...
Hi folks, I'm trying to figure out why only one bulb on each side illuminates when the lights are turned on. It seems there are 2 wires from the kick panel feeding them; green and Green-orange. The green is fine, but the Green-orange gets no power. I've traced back as far as j/b 3 and I'm beginning to wonder if they don't light without the engine running... (engine not yet built/installed)

Anybody any ideas?
Find all posts by this user
01-31-2024, 09:29 AM
Tail light wiring...
Not quite sure what the tails are supposed to work like anymore, but as far as I can tell from the schematics both tail bulbs should be connected to the green wire for general market models and only one is for german market cars.
The german market model should have an additional tail bulb fed through a green-orange wire on a separate connector. That additional bulb is fused separately by the TAIL LH fuse (non german models only have one TAIL fuse).

Try and see if you can trace the green/orange wire back to J/B1, connector 1J. If you can and you have an empty fuse holder next to the DOME fuse, try sticking a 10A fuse in it.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2024, 09:38 AM
Tail light wiring...
(01-31-2024 09:29 AM)Ivan141 Wrote:  Not quite sure what the tails are supposed to work like anymore, but as far as I can tell from the schematics both tail bulbs should be connected to the green wire for general market models and only one is for german market cars.
The german market model should have an additional tail bulb fed through a green-orange wire on a separate connector. That additional bulb is fused separately by the TAIL LH fuse (non german models only have one TAIL fuse).

Try and see if you can trace the green/orange wire back to J/B1, connector 1J. If you can and you have an empty fuse holder next to the DOME fuse, try sticking a 10A fuse in it.

Thanks Ivan, that's interesting and it's got me looking at the schematics again. This car definitely has a green wire feeding the two innermost bulbs, and the Green-orange feeding the 2 outer ones. Both are traced back to 1d on jb1.... More investigation required I think...
02-02-2024, 10:07 AM
Tail light wiring...
1D would be where you expect the wires to go. What I'm confused about is where all those bulbs go.
My zenki tails have 4 in total as far as I remember: tail+brake, reverse, fog, indicator.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2024, 12:36 PM
Tail light wiring...
Ah, mine has two doubles, so tail/brake, reverse, tail/brake then indicator. No fog light (although it looks like someone butchered a foglight in there), they mustn't get fog in japan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lambda sensor wiring sam3007 10 3,305 05-23-2022 10:00 PM
Last Post: The Doctor
  4A-GE wiring engine to chassis connectors Lykowsky 4 6,330 06-20-2019 11:38 AM
Last Post: Lykowsky
  Some wiring help needed DJexor 5 4,832 05-18-2019 01:50 PM
Last Post: DJexor
  AE86 Headlight + wiper wiring (levin) bozu 11 14,267 09-19-2017 02:06 PM
Last Post: banpei
  4agze wiring problem leon205gti 15 20,651 01-21-2017 09:19 PM
Last Post: leon205gti