Engine / cooling fluid problem need help asap...
02-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Ok guys here goes... lately I have been fighting a leak underneath my car... I have no idea where it came from but the car works / drives fine...

Sometimes I am missing a bit of cooling fluid but it didnt bother me that much... I renewed the hoses and still a bit of fluid falls out the car...

I dropped some stopleak in it (I know not such a good idea) and that helped a few days... everything was dry again...

Now the leaking has returned and I made a picture of where it comes from!
Any help is possible!!! If theres a way I can sort this out before next saturday / sunday... I can still go drifting with my baby!

Please let me know.

OLD PICS:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Engine / cooling fluid prob...lp asap...]

NEW (fresh shot from today - you can see theres a little stream running in the middle - its blue this time instead of pink Tongue)

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
The o-ring on the bottom seems to be pinched.
Put new o-rings on each side of the bypass,with proper installation it should solve your problem.
02-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Should be relatively easy to fix.
Drain the cooling system.
Remove the blue water pipe from the outlet.
Undo the two bolts holding the outlet on, sometimes the bolts corrode inside the outlet pipe holes and will snap if too much force is applied.
You might want to get some easing oil under the bolt heads and gently heat the outlet where the bolts go through if you think they are corroded.

Once the outlet is undone and the two bolts are out the thing should just pull off of the steel pipe. There will be an 'O' ring at either end of the steel pipe, replace both. Lightly grease both 'O' rings before re-fitting. Also give both housings a good clean where the 'O' rings go in.
Push the steel tube halfway in each end and 'wiggle' the outlet into position while gently pushing the steel tube into both ends. Check both 'O' rings are correctly seated and not protruding.

You can get the 'O' rings and gasket from Toyota

Fit a new gasket to the outlet to head, copperslip the two bolts before fitting them :wink:

Re-fill and bleed coolant system.

Hope that all made sense Huh

An analogue brain in a digital World
02-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks you guys...

I dont have the tools or the means to get this done at home so I either need to go to a garage - OR - I need to go find somebody in the Netherlands that can help me! Before sunday.

If anybody can help me (the idiot that I am) that would be great!!! Thanks.

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
02-09-2011, 07:24 PM
ik weet niet waar je vandaan komt,maar ik kan dat voor relatief weinig maken,ik ben van purmerend

ik hoor het wel

drift ae86:308bhp/435nmEDIT:384pk/498nm!!!!>now DEATH)))
02-09-2011, 08:20 PM
jasper Wrote:ik weet niet waar je vandaan komt,maar ik kan dat voor relatief weinig maken,ik ben van purmerend

ik hoor het wel

Ha die Jasper...
Ik pb je wel even. Thanks!

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
02-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Okami Wrote:I dropped some stopleak in it (I know not such a good idea) and that helped a few days... everything was dry again...

Now the leaking has returned

Different stopleak manufacturer, or do better at following its directions next time.
02-10-2011, 01:18 PM
allencr Wrote:Different stopleak manufacturer, or do better at following its directions next time.

No no no... Stop leak isnt really good for a car like ours... but I did do it good and it did for a while but stop leak only mends small holes in certain areas and this is more difficult I suppose...

I just ordered the 2 O'Rings and the Gasket - hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and then I will have to see how or what I can do.

Hopefully this will all be fixed before the weekend as I have drifting to attend to... a whole day again.

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
02-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Update...

I have picked up the O ring and gasket today...

I did everything as mentioned above so thanks for all the feedback everybody...

Now its time to see if it will stay dry...

I do have to say that little steel pipe - I really hate how they made this... its as loose as fuck! OMG...

But hey... I hope it will hold out and work Big Grin after drifting I will let you all know next monday or tuesday how its goin.

Thanks! PEACE

-DWG- Drift Wolf Gaming
02-12-2011, 04:06 AM
I hope for you that it will work well Wink
Have an happy drift day Hurray!
(and kill those tyres Tongue)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help identifying this! takumi_mt 4 267 04-05-2024 09:17 AM
Last Post: takumi_mt
  Improve 20V Blacktop cooling pack 0 707 06-07-2023 01:18 PM
Last Post: pack
  PWR light issue and no brake fluid after winter storage magpie 10 1,543 05-25-2023 08:09 AM
Last Post: Bean
  TRD ECU need help ps13michi 5 2,775 02-18-2022 10:42 AM
Last Post: ps13michi
  Need some help DJexor 4 4,838 03-13-2018 05:37 PM
Last Post: pack