Drift setup for AE86 but low cost
07-31-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi
I was drifting yesterday it was like shit Banging head on standard springs and shocks and height i need to change it but dont have too much money so i need somethink that will make my car more stable because it tumble so much Angry
Give me some of your ideas please Respect! .

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
Find all posts by this user
07-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Largus Anti Roll bars, stops the car rolling oddly enough.

If you need coilovers front and rear I can supply them too.
31way bound/rebound adjustable, with springs.
Bolt in replacement.

Whats your budget?

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2006, 02:41 PM
whats the price?

Philip
08-01-2006, 12:23 AM
I dont know but somethink really cheap that will allow me perform some drifting. I am not only one i think that know that making the car ready for drifting cost a lot right now i cant even afford to buy new tires but when i get some money the maximum amout of money i want to stick to suspension will be 500euro. To have car cost a lot to have a hachi and drift with it cost a lot lot more. I calculated some price for exchanging suspension... bushing kit, shocks, springs all will cost around 1000eur or more. It's sometimes quite a lot money just like the cost for the hachi

08-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Putting a stronger rear swaybar in should keep the rear a bit more flat and the car more tailhappy. Or you could do the budget dual rear swaybar mod like Kristian and Zax did. If your suspension really feels that crappy with your stock suspension the first thing to do would be to fit some proper shocks though. Abe from spain had a bunch of very interesting ones for sale, check those out. If I can find a good set of rear koni's I'll be selling off my complete set of one-year old tokico HP's for a reasonable price too.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Are these tokico HP's short stroke, Ivan?
08-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Ryo,

You have to check out which bushings are really warn out, the best suspention wont perform on warn out bushings, so do check out your bushings. Most likely you'll be needing to replace those of the stabi bars atleast. They really make your car act weird if they are warn out.

If 500 E is your budget, I would say, just get some non adjustable shocks off of ebay or something, shouldn't set you back more then 200 euro, probably alot less if you look around good. You really don't need adjustables just to drift. They key is replacing your warn out stock ones with something better. If you don't mind going second hand you can try contacting TE71Corolla on this board, he hates sending stuff abroad but he's got koni yellow and red second hand (I believe red for back, yellow front) that didn't cost much.

Springs you will need aswell. A good stiff set new is probably out of the question on your budget. You'll need 300 - 400 euros ex shipping atleast for a set of springs (really no need to go adjustable coilovers). But you have to keep in mind that your current springs are old and probably don't work to good anymore. What you could do is go for a set of cheaper lowering springs. They won't stiffen up your car by much but they are way better then what you have now and won't brake the bank. Most likely in combo with some good shocks you already have a setup you can play around with nicely. I do think in the future you will want to go to a somewhat stiffer setup though, so you'll need to deside whether to save up for this, or to keep it cheap.

When you've done those 3 things you should already notice alot of improvement. After that its all about improving your own skill, nobody said hachi's where easy cars to driftBig Grin

Note, this is the absolute minimum you'd need to look at. You can save alot of money by taking your time and looking around for 2nd hand parts. You will want more thoughBig Grin Stiffer rollbars what irishtwincam said (or try the double rollbar solution zax loves in his rear), etc.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-01-2006, 08:35 AM
The HP's are not short stroke...just plain old regular ae86 style.
You can get them in short stroke spec though...just order the camaro/mr2 combo somewhere.
I still suggest you contact abe.. for about 150 euro (that's including shipping) you could have bilstein fronts and koni yellow rears.. that's a decent setup to begin with. The adjustable koni's in the rear make it easy to adjust for more oversteer.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks for a lot of tip's i will first go for prothane total bushing kit i saw on ebay it's really for a good price. Second i will go for tokico HP shocks on ebay are some for good price too or i check with some dealer in czech republic that is distributing tokico. I hope i can use those tokico HP shocks for drifitng i think thay have the best price as a replacement for old. The problem on the end will be springs that will fit the shocks if i should replace my old. Have someone idea what size/mark will fit ? As for stabilisators i have complete from my old hachi i have for parts Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine starts/revs but no idle GenkiMotors 17 5,881 11-20-2021 04:12 AM
Last Post: GenkiMotors
  Silver top low idle AlexFourTwenty 7 9,375 10-16-2017 10:22 PM
Last Post: AlexFourTwenty
  Carb conversion but what is this and how ? Allexz 5 7,794 05-24-2016 08:48 AM
Last Post: Allexz
  What is normal and low caster in Cusco camber plates?? T_AE86 9 14,233 01-07-2016 02:56 AM
Last Post: Deuce Cam
  4 Link setup and Traction brackets Jezza_hr 5 9,464 07-21-2014 09:12 PM
Last Post: Bean