Dads AE86....now mine
03-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Dads AE86....now mine
Introduced myself quite a while back when I first got given dads ride.

Since then, he's passed away leaving me the twincam (mixed feelings...I can tell ya) Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Crying

Today, I brought the car home and gave it a clean and polish...checked it out (as you do) and then went a blast Huh

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Respect!

better than I ever remembered...that sound when it comes on cam and enters the power....fantastic. Nothing ever compares Cool Cool Cool

I've taken a few better pictures, but it was starting to get dark

hope you like it :wink:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Dads AE86....now mine]

This one WILL NEVER be for sale...its not a money thing...it was dads...and still is Smile

Live life on the red line
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Dads AE86....now mine
I am sorry about your dad. I hope you will get good memories to keep that 86 yourself and bring it in a good shape. It is nice looking car in the picture I would keep it till in the end Thumbs up!

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
Find all posts by this user
03-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Dads AE86....now mine
this isnt about being an 86 fan, this is about heart Smile its a shame you got it under such bad circumstances... Im afraid something like thats is about to slowly come to me as well with my dad and his skoda 130RS Undecided

86ers.org
AE86 x GXE10
03-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Dads AE86....now mine
Wow, talk about cars having a soul! And dont worry about your dad, we'll all go some day and be back in the next life. Smile Another hachi, another amazing story. Cheers!
03-04-2007, 01:18 AM
Dads AE86....now mine
Spitfire Wrote:this isnt about being an 86 fan, this is about heart Smile its a shame you got it under such bad circumstances... Im afraid something like thats is about to slowly come to me as well with my dad and his skoda 130RS Undecided

If i remember correctly he was given this prior to the misfortune.

03-04-2007, 01:31 AM
Dads AE86....now mine
No matter when he got the car.
I m sorry about your dad, and happy about you.

Its an amzing car you got there, looks like new.

Stay away from tuning if you ask me and drive carefully Smile

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Dads AE86....now mine] http://www.jdmbits.com
03-04-2007, 02:16 AM
Dads AE86....now mine
suks to hear about ur dad I too lost my dad about a year ago though we werent that close its a terible feeling to loose someone,
Hope the car treats you well looks very nice and clean

"life begins at 8000rpms" - Going Racing

03-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Dads AE86....now mine
Sorry to hear your Dad's passed on...

But He knew the fun you'll have owning and driving it and taking good care of it as he did...pretty cool Dad. He knows the grin you'll have Thumbs up!

It lives on through you... :wink:

Cheers!
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Dads AE86....now mine
Thanks folks

and yes Dad did give me this before he passed away....but he was still using it until he'd had enough...Then I was going to put it away and sort the few bits that needed doing.
Now its actually mine, I've had a look around it and found several more problems

firstly one of the pockets looks like it needs attention...and then theres that rust patch on the front nearside wing
Are the wings still available from Toyota?
The brake MC has a steady weep, so that will want rebuilding/replacing soon

oh and the sunroof.....It would be nice to replace that too if its still available. Its a shame that it'll need paint coz at present its totally original but 'spose things don't last forever Sad

Live life on the red line
03-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Dads AE86....now mine
I'm sorry about your dad. I do hope you plan to keep in as good a condition as possible and keep it original like he has done over the years, to change it would be a real shame.

My brother had a similar story to do with a model airplane about 15 years ago. My uncle helped him every weekend for a month building it before passing on. He refused to fly it, even now. It's been in the garage for all these years and is still in pristine condition. I can fully understand why he hasn't used it, as the memory wouldn't be the same if something were to happen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  These are mine... WKD RWD 51 70,539 12-28-2012 04:04 AM
Last Post: baz5291
  Is mine a UK AE86? What on VIN/Chassis number says so? Teddy 12 20,626 12-24-2012 02:06 PM
Last Post: Eircamae86
  my dads car Minishonk 27 31,547 09-11-2006 06:01 PM
Last Post: Garth