Crap handling
12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Crap handling
So It's about standard ride height then. I wonder if the Bilsteins are designed for forest use and are longer ?
No matter, car seems pretty good now and I'm driving it to the rally Tomorrow (Sunday).... ran out of time Huh
Thanks to everyone for their help Thumbs up!

An analogue brain in a digital World
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Crap handling
Fantastic now ! 14th overall.
Just need more power... can a 20v blacktop really be that difficult to install ?

12-31-2007, 01:56 AM
Crap handling
gotta any pics of the event???

i reckon your better off doing a few more events then going for more power... you need to train yourself as a driver first.. that will make the car go faster then any engine conversion will Smile
12-31-2007, 12:55 PM
Crap handling
matt mead Wrote:gotta any pics of the event???

i reckon your better off doing a few more events then going for more power... you need to train yourself as a driver first.. that will make the car go faster then any engine conversion will Smile
Pics ? yep soon as I get some.
Dunno where people got the idea I'm a complete novice from though !
Possibly from some of the daft questions I ask, granted, but this is the best place for info and the Corolla is relatively new to me.
The car is basically standard but has been used in competition since nearly new and the original engine is kinda tired now... 98000 odd miles !
I'm gonna put it on the rollers soon Smile

12-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Crap handling
lol Banging head sorry for assuming ur a novice Smile post up ur history

but the ae86 is like no other car that i have driven... and im still yet to master it after a year of track days...

keep up the good work Smile
12-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Crap handling
lol, no probs :wink:
I spent 4 years instructing in AE86's on gravel and tarmac (rally) don't let anyone tell you this is not a strong car.... you would'nt believe what they went through !
I did'nt get involved in the mechanics of them though, setting mine up for tarmac has been interesting and enlightening, still some way to go and you're right Matt, you never stop learning Thumbs up!
My rallying is definately on a budget... had to drive it home. Toyotas, don't you just love 'em Respect! All I did all day was torque the wheel nuts !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Budget complete handling package DidiDex 15 14,212 01-30-2015 03:06 AM
Last Post: Project D
  Handling vs grip totta Crolla 11 13,356 09-20-2011 08:40 AM
Last Post: jondee86
  car handles like crap Speedy 20 19,636 10-15-2004 11:32 AM
Last Post: Ivan141