Clean Freak?
05-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Clean Freak?
Widar Wrote:Knudsen; Just think of me. I got two hachis, none of them have been driven the last couple of years...

Widar, youre more than welcome to drive mine. Just fix it up first, it wont take that much time Confused

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
Find all posts by this user
05-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Clean Freak?
Knudsen, did you change the bearings ? I hope - no machining to the crank is required ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Clean Freak?
Yeah, ive just returned home after a couple of hours in the garage... I have polished the crank the best i could. It had a little scratch, nothing serious. I managed to polish it almost enterily away, but it still have a "deformity"..

After installing the bearings and turning the engine manually, i dissambled the bearings on cylinder 1 & 2 and compared them for scratches... They looked almost the same, so i hope it doesnt eat the bearing again... But if it do, i have to change the crank. Time will tell Smile

05-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Clean Freak?
I think you'll be needing new bearings very soon if the oil clearances are incorrect (which they are after polishing manually.
You can have the crank turned at a machineshop and install oversize bearings, or get a good crank from somewhere. If you have the old one fixed you'll at least be sure that it's 100% in good working order.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Clean Freak?
Knudsen Wrote:
Widar Wrote:Knudsen; Just think of me. I got two hachis, none of them have been driven the last couple of years...

Widar, youre more than welcome to drive mine.
Respect! Thumbs up! Big Grin

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Clean Freak?]
05-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Clean Freak?
This can be OK, Knudsen - just keep eye on oil pressure indicator. If you have good pressure - everything seems OK. Otherwise you just need to change the bearings again + crank machining.
05-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Clean Freak?
Ivan141 Wrote:I think you'll be needing new bearings very soon if the oil clearances are incorrect (which they are after polishing manually.
You can have the crank turned at a machineshop and install oversize bearings, or get a good crank from somewhere. If you have the old one fixed you'll at least be sure that it's 100% in good working order.

Its not like i polished like a madman :wink: I used some paste with a grindsize on 6 my... Thats finer that toothpaste, so that much i didnt polish off the crank. And i only polished the 8 mm where the little scratch were. But lets se if it wont work, if not, ill buy another engine and mount that instead.
Im not to kean of a machined crank, they have a tendensy to break.

05-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Clean Freak?
Just a thought... Dumb question
R we out of topic? Confused

AE86 FANATIC!!!
05-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Clean Freak?
Hehe yeah a bit... i think we brought my problems over from another topic Big Grin

But im looking forward to clean a wellfunction enginebay again, i cant stand oilstains! I has to be so clean that i can eat my lunch on a hot engine Tongue

05-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Clean Freak?
Thumbs up! i'm with you man!!!
No Toyota engine can have any kind or size of oil stains in it!!! Thumbs up!

AE86 FANATIC!!!