Car height, how much lower can it go..
05-01-2011, 02:18 PM
I've got TRD springs on my Hachi, lower and alot stiffer. Sits low but not too low, can't go much lower than this here in Sweden since they have speed bumps every 5 meters here Angry (at least feels like it sometimes)
Rims are 14" Watanabe, for comparison. Original dampers btw.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Car height, how much lower can it go..]
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Aram: i have not any digital camera or phone with one but shot the curent car last year, i have also scan of it if i remeber, will upload it.

I was a bit negativistic, what nohachi and i said aplies for really spirited driving for bumpy tracks like nordschleife or some local rally action or lowering in the range you want.

Dont mistunderstand me the shocks with the apex springs are great setup also for bad roads, comfortable gripy. The problem on my car is probably more the loweing of 25-30mm what the apex springs have and the lowered roll centre, to experience limitations at the bump stroke with this setup need very agresive driving and is not so common than the swimmy feeling(on bad surfaces) from the lowered front.

Not sure how long and if there is some bumpstop at the bottom of the cartridge.

Oh and shorten the piston rod does help something. the shock valve is in the right position of the stroke. Bilstein itself dont recomend too much lowering on the shock also because of higher presures in the gas chamber.

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.
05-16-2011, 12:00 AM
i forgott this thread.
Found some older scan. Not sure if its of use for you. Bilstein shocks and apex springs almost 2 year driven. Stock kouki hatch the front lowers more, will be even noticeable on coupe with lighter rear.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

http://www.86ers.org
All the hachies that Daytona can only dream about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Can Wing Mirror Glass be Replaced? chrisae86 1 747 03-05-2023 09:34 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Can you convert your 86 back too the original state? gh0st 7 2,077 04-25-2022 04:25 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Can you seperate trueno kouki bumper lights into zenki bumper lights? gh0st 17 5,910 12-19-2021 11:58 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Can you identify this wheels? Will they fit AE86? Ryo 8 9,522 09-08-2021 12:48 PM
Last Post: Ryo
  cool lower radiator hose thanos 4 4,834 11-29-2016 01:06 PM
Last Post: thanos