Brakepads
09-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Brakepads
Don't know what parts you mean exactly but you might have the same problem I had.

I rebuild my calipers a couple of weeks ago and I had to replace all the small metal fittings around the brakepads because indeed they broke off while removing the brakepads. I thought I'd ordered a kit from Toyota with all the parts in it but because Toyota doesn't actually still manufacture E8 brakepads they only gave me a set of new Optifit pads and no fitting material.

Since I didn't want to go back to Toyota again I ordered a set from my local garage (not genuine toyota but fitted good) it costed about 20 euro's and it didn't include the anti-squeel shims.
(so that's 20 euro's off small metal hooks... Huh)

The guy at the garage adviced me to place the old shims back but since not much was left of mine he adviced me to not place any at all. Picking the right shim is trial and error anyway. And remember they're only "anti-sqeel", well I don't have any squeel without the shims. Just put enough grease on the backside of the pads (dutch: kopervet).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
09-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Brakepads
is it nessesary to put grease (kopervet) between the plates? Because i did the brakes of my fathers car last week but didnt use grease.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Brakepads]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
09-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Brakepads
yeah that what exacly I mean, those small metal fitting... So I sould have a problem as you

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver
09-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Brakepads
DJexor Wrote:is it nessesary to put grease (kopervet) between the plates? Because i did the brakes of my fathers car last week but didnt use grease.

It's nice to have some on the back side (!!!!!) of the brake pads just to stop them from squeeling.
09-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Brakepads
Those metal clips arent necessary, I miss a few on my car and use none on the racer... no problems

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Brakepads
Ivan141 Wrote:Those metal clips arent necessary, I miss a few on my car and use none on the racer... no problems

ah, ok that much better

Thumbs up!

1985 AE86 (ハチロク) Levin - Summer time daily driver

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brakepads! Jesse P 30 21,878 01-18-2006 12:38 PM
Last Post: nmwisima
  ABS brakepads pics - 16 euro rear set Ryo 2 3,894 06-07-2005 04:49 PM
Last Post: Ivan141