Bit of a crash..
01-24-2005, 07:06 PM
Bit of a crash..
Hi everyone,

I saw some news on the forum already, so I thought it would be easiest to open a new thread.

Last saturday the MX5 got totalled. I was driving on the freeway when some merc. SUV decided not to notice me beside them. It started to change lanes, and I steered the car to the left in a reflex.
Sadly there was a lot of debries on the part of the road in ended up on. The car started to slide at about 100km/h, a slide that I could controll in the beginning, but I overcorrected and ended up hitting a guardrail head on. After that the car slid across the freeway to hit the other guardrail with both the front and back, before coming to a stop.
The people behind me thought I didn't survive the crash, but I've seemed to have escaped without as much as a scratch. Sadly the same can't be said of the car, the front and rear are now non existant. She did a great job of protecting me, but died in the process.
The person in the SUV that caused me to swerve of the road in the first place didn't stop..bad luck.
I've decided to just take everything positively. I'm still alive despite what you'd expect from the wreckage...the car can be replaced.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
01-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Bit of a crash..
Good to hear you are out of the car without any injuries Thumbs up!

Michel

Daily driver: Seat Leon Cupra V6
Summercar: E30 M3 Cecotto
Projectcar: AE86
01-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Bit of a crash..
I am so glad to hear that you are ok.
I just can't say how much I despise people who buy feul consuming SUV's to "protect them self". No use with protection (wich by the way is false) when you run everything over!

Send the lazy automatic drivers back to driving-school!

Again happy to see you survived, and good luck with wath ever you might replace the car with Smile
01-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Bit of a crash..
Damir, we talked about this plentyfull on MSN, but just to say it here aswell.

Count yourself very lucky, mx5 can be replaced, I'm glad you are all right and unhurt. Good luck finding a suitable replacement. I hope the suv guy gets what he deserves.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
01-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Bit of a crash..
I am so glad to hear that you managed ok from this! You are one lucky man!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bit of a crash..]
01-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Bit of a crash..
Good to hear you are ok, car can be replaced!

I crashed this weekend as well, into a curb while drifting at 6500 rpm in 2nd gear Sad in the UK Huh
Now have a bent rigth front chassis and bent front suspension! Huh
Not as bad as your crash but it still has me feeling gutted!
Anybody know of a straightining bench that is cheap, can fix it this week and is in the Holland/Belgium area?
Whoops, sorry for crashing your tread! Confused
01-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Bit of a crash..
I've decided to just take everything positively.
That's the right way of taking things...believe me.
Here in Greece we say "ΚΑΘΕ ΕΜΠΟΔΙΟ ΓΙΑ ΚΑΛΟ..."
Trying to translate it i would say that "everything bad happens leads to something good..."
The same happened to me 2 years ago when i had a serious crash with a bad "landing" after some rollovers with my 1978 TOYOTA CORONA RT100 (4AGE powered of course). The car was totally destroyed but i came out without a scratch. For some days i was desperate but finally i decided to leave everything back and search for the proper car to replace my beloved "grandmother"(nickname for the Corona). That was the time i fell into my Zenki coupe!!!
See?
Thinking positive can solve many many problems!
First of all health to us and everything else will be achived in time! Thumbs up!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
01-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Bit of a crash..
I heard most of it from Mux... Damn, you were very lucky to have only a few scratches. Smile

BTW: any chance to trace the suv?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bit of a crash..]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Bit of a crash..
Very lucky indeed! 100 kms/hour and not even a scratch!

As for the car...it's like a girlfriend. If you don't forget her soon you'll miss out on other great opportunities!

Good luck in your search for a replacement Thumbs up!
01-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Bit of a crash..
Damn, this sucks.

Good to hear you got away unhurt (apart from the broken heart...)

Why motorsports? Because other sports require only one ball!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A wee bit off Subject - Wiring diagram for AE7x/TE7x? oldeskewltoy 4 5,097 11-08-2008 08:50 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy