Audio
11-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Audio
I took out the speaker today and measured it.
This one is exactly the same besides the high tone part which is a bit higher.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Kenwood-KDC-W604...240%3A1318

and that is radio I found. that's good model and nice looking - the front panel is quite calm

AE86! love love love!
Hankiewicz Rally Team
Find all posts by this user
11-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Audio
I only have 2 speakers in the back and a Kenwood radio.

ハチロク

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Audio]
11-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Audio
I had a full audio install,radio, 4 speakers, amp & sub

So much bass, the front window vibrated so it's all blurry when you drive Tongue
I could make my phone dance on the roof Cool

No Smorking AE86
11-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Audio
I kept the cars sound system in the big compartment that's located in front of the driver !

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Audio
IMHO it is important to get a oldscool-decent-radio, like one of the beckers or an old blaupunkt. The car is so much more fun, if everything looks old. I had the chance to get an old Fujitsen Radio, with a 3x CD changer. (Was the big soundsystem in the 200sx s13). Have to put it in the car, but where should i put the CD changer??
11-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Audio
With a bit of looking around, you can find simple oldskool looking, modern radio's. Personally, for me there is no way in hell I'm going back to a cd-player system, or even worse, tapedeck. I use radio's with USB MP3, so much easier to manage your collection without filling up every corner of the car with cd's.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Audio
Yeah, but as soon, as you've got a CD Changer you can use your MP3 Player. I'll post a pic as soon as I've time to make that "hack". Sometimes it is just an regular Chinch cable where you can put in a splitter, but sometimes it's a "special manufacturers-personal-cable", which is a bit more "interesting".

Can you show a few "modern-oldscool-radios"?
11-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Audio
@Whitepoint: Check my garage for which speakers I used. Perfect fit behind the grills in the front. So that would be your reference size. Although you've measured them now. Hehehe... speaker diameter should be around 10CM, with 12-13-ish cm for the screwholes.

11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Audio
got a nice JVC radio witch plays everything from USB to DVD..

a audio-system compo in front, realy good quality speakers..
and had a small amp left, so that is fitted also..

sound is good enough for in the trafic jams in holland like robokill says.. Big Grin

Gtsi-R

"Trust me, I was an engineer"
"straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"