Argh some s**t stole my both license plates...
05-13-2007, 09:13 PM
So...someone stole both license plates from my 86 Angry Angry.
My car is parked across my, (I thought peaceful) street and my brother noticed it when he threw away some garbage.
Those plates were simply ripped off my car, I still see some left over plastic from the platebrackets. Hmm luckily nothing was damaged...

Okay...after some random scolding lol. I went to the policestation @ walk distance to declare (dont know right word of "aangifte" right now...). There i waited 30 mins before some other officer told me, that they were too busy to handle my 10 min thing. He said thay captured a thief...and were short of "manpower"...and that only 4 people are working over there. And sent me off to another police station further away. Offcourse...i need to travel to that one with public transport...as I cant drive my car w/o the plates.
And ofcourse...when I arrive there....they were also "busy" plus they need to eat. Told me to wait another 45 mins... Angry Zzzzz.
So left the police station to eat at McDonalds Tongue lol and came back. Those officerS...still busy...but later on (15min+) he comes up with an idea of taking the declaration right at the desk instead of the usual declaration in the room... Then waited another 10 min...it was finnaly done Huh Angry
wow...the efficiency! dont know wether to be happy or not :/

But okay...still need to get some other things done tomorrow in order to get my car back on road leggally...And it sucks...need to pay for another license plates.

Just letting of some steam/boiling blood here Confused

But yeah...my 86 looks like a racer now..without those ugly yellow plates Tongue. A moment to see another side of my car.

An '86 86 driver
Zenki AE86 Levin coupe
Find all posts by this user
05-13-2007, 09:39 PM
kungfumaster,

Make sure they note down that you took 2 hours to GET THE FUCKING CRIME REPORTED BECAUSE THE FUCKING POLICE are understaffed. If the asshole that stole your plates has run some red lights or something in the time BEFORE you finally where able to report the theft, it will be VERY hard to convince that same FUCKING POLICE not to send you the ticket.

Sorry for the bad language, I'm an admin and should know better, but these stories make me so mad. Dutch police SUCKS ass, well actually its dutch POLITICS that suck ass because the police in this case are just trying to do their job with far to few men.

Luckely its just your plates man, not the car....

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
05-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Hmm think it should be okay, last time I drove was friday. So I told em that...and noticed it today. So if anything happens between those few days...think its covered. Just hoping that nothing crazy happened inbetween...fingers Xd.

An '86 86 driver
Zenki AE86 Levin coupe
05-13-2007, 10:08 PM
And well...yeah as you noticed...the police here must be eating alot of donuts instead of doing other important things. (not all the police are suckers tho..kind of disclaimer... )
When I went to police station a while back...I saw a officer play spidersolitaire Undecided (and pressing the hint thing triggering the audio fckng loud LOL) even when ppl are waiting outside to be helped..zzz

Not quite the police authoritaay as in other countries.

An '86 86 driver
Zenki AE86 Levin coupe
05-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Happened to a college of mine: his plates got stolen but they recovered them in time. Even better: the thief was applying them to a car at the moment the Police caught him. (they we actually doing something!)

I hope they will find the plates before you're having them remade. Otherwise you will get an ugly "1" on your plate because you have the second set. Angry

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Argh some s**t stole my bot... plates...]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2007, 10:38 PM
This is pretty weird.. Senna's license plates were stolen as well a few years back. His car had been standing still under a carcover for a while though. Usually you'd think thieves take plates off similar cars so they dont get noticed too easily.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-14-2007, 12:11 AM
wow...even under a carcover...

@Banpei: Im going to have the plates (with the ugly 1) replace asap...as I dont really expect them to find my old ones back and off course need to get everything legal... Undecided

on 2nd thought...I read that a temporarily plate will be issued when your 2nd is going to be made or something. Hopefully they Can find them back in the meantime!

Still very unlucky though...why me, didnt expect this kind of thing in my relative quiet street.

An '86 86 driver
Zenki AE86 Levin coupe
05-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Had encouters with Dutch police because of polish number plates... I was parked at the side of the road, where there was a picnic kind of table, eating, and they saw a sleeping bag in the back of our car, and said "theres no sleeping here" .. heh.. but I told them I just stopped to eat, so then the next question was "what are you doing in holland", I said I came down to buy some cars, and he asked where.. so I named a few dutch cities/villages I knew from the area, and they left.

Another time they stopped us on the road because our front numberplate was covered in snow, and then they started asking the same questions...

So it seems they are too busy with foreigners to deal with you ;-]

all I can say is that they are nice, speak good english, and never gave me troubles. Not something I can say about the german police...

About 10 years ago we had a radio stolen in Rotterdam, and found out that it was a 'no no' to leave anything in the cars because of junkies stealing anything they can. To me it seemed like a strange problem in a country which otherwise seems fine ;-) apart from the legal weed ;-)

wow, look at all the writing I did.. and it's nearly all OT ;-)

kungfumaster : hope you get sorted, and ask them to put a '86' in the plate ;-)

Always remember: Rev it till it blows, then back off a bit...
Zenkis - Orange, Red/Black, Silver/Black, Maroon/Blue
Koukis - Red, Silver/Gray,
05-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Then his plates need to be stolen another `85 times. Tongue

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
05-14-2007, 09:22 PM
ohh, is that the way it works...

well next time I'm in Holland I'll make sure the po-lice have a reason for pulling me over ;-)

Always remember: Rev it till it blows, then back off a bit...
Zenkis - Orange, Red/Black, Silver/Black, Maroon/Blue
Koukis - Red, Silver/Gray,