Arabic drifts - ERHABE
11-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Arabic drifts - ERHABE
Yes, please. Let's not have some retarded flamewar about what's drifting and what's not like over on that other site. Call it drifting, sliding, whatever. I don't care and it doesn't matter as long as we all understand each other.

Left foot braking is not about sliding the rear end, although sliding the rear end may be a consequence of it.
It's pretty amazing though, the first time going around a well-known corner as fast as you dare in a FWD car and applying the brake a bit with the left foot while keeping the accelerator down.

Peugeot 206 1.6 XT - 09/2003
Toyota Corolla GT Coupé - 09/1984
Yonzie - 09/1980
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2005, 04:14 AM
Arabic drifts - ERHABE
Quote:Yonzie .Left foot braking is not about sliding the rear end, although sliding the rear end may be a consequence of it.

Then what is the purpose of left foot braking a FWD car into, in the middle or at the exit of a corner? If its not to induce a weight transition from back to front to compensate for the somewhat always present understeer of a FWD car.?! Big Grin

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Arabic drifts - ERHABE]
1987 AE86
http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=41755
http://www.aeu86.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3255

...FWD SUCKS!!...
Find all posts by this user
11-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Arabic drifts - ERHABE
mux213 Wrote:
Bas Wrote:FWD E-Brake pulling & swinging the steering wheel = not drifting, it's assdragging...
Not wanting to start an FWD versus RWD drifting discussion but thats like saying, high powered RWD car stepping on the gas and going sideways is not drifting, its powersliding, so you can't drift an RWD. You forget about other techniques that require alot more skill.

I've seen people drift an FWD in many different styles and fashions without ever touching the handbrake. And trust me, making a FWD drift that way is something that really takes alot of practice to perfect and probably is even harder then RWD drifting since you can't control the rear tires.

Still, RWD drifting offcourse is much coolerSmile

As for those vids, man those are some damn crazy mofos out there! Must be all that heat is getting to them.... Smile

Yeah Mux I Know what you mean, but FWD Simply isn't drifting... Neither is this stuff that the arabs do, they probably wouldn't even be selected to drive in the D1 for example, simply because there is no actual control of the drift...

And.... there have been loaaaaaads of discussion about fwd drifting haha, everyone got it's own opinion Wink
11-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Arabic drifts - ERHABE
whew, i didnt know you see those arabs to be almost fit for D1 Big Grin

Dont look at this as some racing technique or godlike skill; its just a crazy clip from the internet. And i for one like to se things going sideways =)
12-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Arabic drifts - ERHABE
The Arabs - Saftey concious as usual Huh

I dont know who is dumber, the guy in the car doing it on a busy street or the retards standing at the side of the road waiting to get knocked over.

Life is cheap I guess? Huh
12-27-2005, 03:38 AM
Arabic drifts - ERHABE
I´m just gonna quote myself again !

KristianAE86 Wrote: Hard to find bigger ass idiots on the road of this planet i think !

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW