AE86 in Kanto Area Tokyo Japan
02-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Mosqiton Wrote:that is right. since I have been here for the last 4 years I have only seen one xx on the road. AE86 is not easy to find in Tokyo but there are quite a few around Kanto and the outskirts of Tokyo

Sad thats a shame, I am off to tokyo in 8 weeks time (am I excited or WHAT!!! i got 2 weeks to do what i want!) and I was hoping to get lots of pics

still no 86
02-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Terry, make sure you get some phone numbers of some of these guys, I'm sure they won't mind bringing you to the right places Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Mux213 Wrote:Terry, make sure you get some phone numbers of some of these guys, I'm sure they won't mind bringing you to the right places Smile

Now THERE is a plan Bas,

Guys, this is the place i am staying

RYOKAN KANGETSU
1-2-20 Chidori Ota-ku Tokyo Japan

i am there from 13th April to 25th April, would love to meet up Cool its going to be a Japanese car Safari!

still no 86
02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
MARK_GT-APEX Wrote:haha cool , i was with Dino that day, he brough me down from ebisu to the train station, we had a good day only miguel was leaving with a roasted clutch as we were arriving Sad your car sounds unbelivable, i actually have a video i took while coming down in your car, il try and post it Thumbs up!

ah ok so you were in Miguels Pajero.
Yes well that red thing had the stupid stereo removed (stupid amps and sub woofers were too heavy). Took the Rays wheels off and got Watanabes on there (a little bit fat) and the seat was upgraded to Bride seat which I had here.
The engine is being re-tuned this weekend. Then might put it on the work dyno when have time.
Have to change the exhaust since it is way too loud for the night runs in the mountains.

Let me know when you come back so we call can catch up again.
There is a track day on at Mobara at the end of this month then another at Nikko next month.

Kanagawa Style 86

Now posting as " OnBail "

http://www.aeu86.org/profile/ae86/mode/v...ile/u=3517
02-15-2007, 02:35 PM
the exhaust was fairly loud alright, we flew by some roadworkers they didnt know what was going on! Smile Big Grin those ssr's that were on the back were rubbing like mad too. miguel was there in his ae86, but damaged the clutch. we went up with andy in the truck, he had the FD out that day. il give you a shout for sure, will you be going to ae86 festival?? we also must meet for a night out in roppongi again Hurray!

@blueneon if you need to know anything just ask Wave where your staying is quite near tokyo station as far as i know, you shout have no problem getting around. i know one of the girls and the manager of one of the hotels there, he is like 40years old but street drifts every night in a chaser Respect! il pass on the info to you and tell them your coming if youd like to stay there Thumbs up!
02-15-2007, 02:47 PM
MARK_GT-APEX Wrote:the exhaust was fairly loud alright, we flew by some roadworkers they didnt know what was going on! Smile Big Grin those ssr's that were on the back were rubbing like mad too. miguel was there in his ae86, but damaged the clutch. we went up with andy in the truck, he had the FD out that day. il give you a shout for sure, will you be going to ae86 festival?? we also must meet for a night out in roppongi again Hurray!

@blueneon if you need to know anything just ask Wave where your staying is quite near tokyo station as far as i know, you shout have no problem getting around. i know one of the girls and the manager of one of the hotels there, he is like 40years old but street drifts every night in a chaser Respect! il pass on the info to you and tell them your coming if youd like to stay there Thumbs up!

damn right about the exhaust. I had issues with doing shakken on that thing. I put the stock cat on and used both silencers in the exhaust and it still registered 111dB! imagine without and no silencers and no cat!
now it is running with the straight pipe no cat and no silencers (was lazy to put it back in). My neighbours didn't say anything yet though.

let me know whne you are coming back. Andy will use one of his AE86 at the AE86 festival but now he is in denial. That guy just wants power only.

Kanagawa Style 86

02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
MARK_GT-APEX Wrote:we also must meet for a night out in roppongi again Hurray!

Thanks Mark that would be great Thumbs up!

The Manager sounds a cool guy, we picked the original ryokan because of cost (it was cheep!) Id be happy for you to pass on details of his hotel, thanks

Hope we can meet up in April, I must admit i am very nrevous about getting around, My japanese is very weak, i can get the jist of the conversation but not allways! I dont expect anyone to speak english, so I am going to do a LOT of diagrams in my notebook Big Grin Big Grin

still no 86
02-15-2007, 02:56 PM
i was the same first time i went, but really dude its very easy to get around, the trains are all very well labeled, the people are SOOOOO helpful, theyre amazing, my japanese was very week too, but youd be surprised how many people speak some english. even if you try some japanese they'll be super impressed and help you out. it really is very easy to get around, not at all as hard as i expected Smile make sure you get a rail pass before you go!! and also take lots of cash because yo can only get money from citi bank and post offices. and alot of places surprisingly dont take credit card
02-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Awsome thanks for the advice, I was wondering about the cash/card thing, ill probably bug you now and again for more help!

Thanks

Terry

still no 86
02-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Japan is not a credit card country. 95% of people here use cash.
You should be find if you have your cash card. If you get stuck just contact me and I can give you some pointers.

The train system in Japan is the best in the world so you can go anywhere in Japan with the rail system here.

Tokyo being the main city is where most of the english speaking Japanese will be. If you go out more into the country side then you will struggle.

Kanagawa Style 86

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aomori Prefecture, Japan gt4st205 6 8,994 10-14-2011 03:24 PM
Last Post: gt4st205
  photos from japan MARK_GT-APEX 35 43,578 07-05-2010 12:36 AM
Last Post: Schwaebz
  IL BE IN TOKYO wicked1706 4 7,535 11-12-2008 12:14 PM
Last Post: aussiefan
  Anyone else in Tokyo!? Shawn 1 4,803 09-01-2008 04:35 PM
Last Post: Shawn
  Agenda of car shows/time attacks etc in Japan? NoHachi 1 5,883 01-26-2006 01:20 PM
Last Post: NoHachi