AAAAAAHHHHHHH RUSTTTTTTTT
11-08-2005, 07:57 AM
OMG...this is what happens when you think that theres alittle rust under the paint so you chip away and after 15mins find this!!!

This has to be fixed pronto...so do I just pour rust convertor on the rust and bog over the top and shall I weld metal in place??? If so what kind of welder shall I hire??

Im just as shocked as you guys... Dumb question Huh Sad Crying

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - AAAAAAHHHHHHH RUSTTTTTTTT]

Look at the hindge some weirdo has welded in place before I got it...this has to be one of the worst panel jobs in history.

Any help would be great![/img]

I once read that you shouldnt believe everything you read.
Find all posts by this user
11-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Oh my...that's going to take some creativity...might be a good idea to go find a scrapped hachi and cut out a healthy piece of steel to put in.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Mate...this is NZ....there are no easy to find scrapy ones...I think I might have to mould a peice of mild steel to the shape and weld it in place...HMMMM lucky theres not to much rust else where.

11-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Well there arent much (or any) hachi's at wreckers over here either, but still I'd try to find a partscar since it's not the easiest shape to reproduce.
BTW, I'd cut it a little bit further and start grinding that weird hinge away along with the rust thats under there..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
11-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Auch! That is indeed a very bad spot... It looks like the previous owner used a whole jar of filler. Huh

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
11-08-2005, 09:55 PM
It seems to be a problem in some Toyotas. My mate has an 86 Land Cruiser, and the rust made a hole with 3cm diameter... He had to glue it with epoxy to drive it 500km, now he's going to rebuild the car completely. Smile

I hope you won't have to weld new metal pieces in there, but there may be no other possibility to fix it... Good luck!

Ahhh, VTEC. All the lag, none of the turbo. It's like waiting for bad sex.
11-12-2005, 10:55 PM
banpei Wrote:Auch! That is indeed a very bad spot... It looks like the previous owner used a whole jar of filler. Huh

I think you could be right there.

I scored a brand new MIG gas welder off my boss for a very nice price so I'm gona cut the rust out and shape a new piece of metal to suit and weld it in there. Theres only one way to go with Hachis and thats the right way.