86ism
09-26-2011, 02:57 AM
86ism
Bean Bandit Wrote:
oldeskewltoy Wrote:There is some exciting news on the edge of realization... an Irish company, LEEN, is just about finished with development of their adapter to mate the J160 (Toyota's AZ6) to a 4A bell housing Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

Very interesting - just ran the figures through a gear calculator and the 6-speed would be lovely along with the oem 4.3 final. Almost like a quaife/trd cose ratio box but with an additional low first gear for queing and traffic jams Smile

Actually... since I've been tooling around with a 3.72 final drive in my AE71... (3.5 1st in the T50) I've come to the thoughts that the 3.8 first, and the 3.9 final drive still allow easy starts... but also allow a nice rpm drop(for economy) for 6th. Use 1st for starts, 2nd through 5th for close ratios, and 6th for mileage

send an email to Joe - [email protected] tell him Dan sent you :wink:

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user
09-26-2011, 06:55 AM
86ism
oldeskewltoy Wrote:
Bean Bandit Wrote:
oldeskewltoy Wrote:There is some exciting news on the edge of realization... an Irish company, LEEN, is just about finished with development of their adapter to mate the J160 (Toyota's AZ6) to a 4A bell housing Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

Very interesting - just ran the figures through a gear calculator and the 6-speed would be lovely along with the oem 4.3 final. Almost like a quaife/trd cose ratio box but with an additional low first gear for queing and traffic jams Smile

Actually... since I've been tooling around with a 3.72 final drive in my AE71... (3.5 1st in the T50) I've come to the thoughts that the 3.8 first, and the 3.9 final drive still allow easy starts... but also allow a nice rpm drop(for economy) for 6th. Use 1st for starts, 2nd through 5th for close ratios, and 6th for mileage

send an email to Joe - [email protected] tell him Dan sent you :wink:

I'll have to wait with that untill I move to a another country again - ther is no point in getting it here already.

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
86ism
nmwisima Wrote:One day, I thought of selling the Miata and buy a buy a 106 Rallye to save some cash.

Achileas! My lost twin brother! Hahaha, i just came to check on your replies and i see this.. look what i just bought a couple of days ago!

Good to hear from all of you guys.. feels like getting together with a band of brothers, with whom i/ve fought the war. Thumbs up!

Well 106 Rallye is nice, feels kinda like fwd hachi with even more oversteerBig Grin Needs some work tho in correcting the suspension geometry etc. i just hope it will workSmile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-01-2011, 07:05 PM
86ism
I can confirm this Smile
106 gti/rallye really feels like a fwd ae86.
11-01-2011, 09:20 PM
86ism
Classic Thumbs up!

Now drop a 16V in it Evil

Very popular here in Greece back in the days.
I ve driven some fantastic examples, one of them 195 PS in single throttle body.

By the way, since you are my lost twin brother, please prepare a bed for me in your house, cause I dont think I will stay on this country much more Confused

A.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 86ism] http://www.jdmbits.com
11-01-2011, 10:42 PM
86ism
nmwisima Wrote:By the way, since you are my lost twin brother, please prepare a bed for me in your house, cause I dont think I will stay on this country much more Confused
Huh

BTW: I do think you are welcome in any house of any member of the forum. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 86ism]
11-02-2011, 12:22 AM
86ism
banpei Wrote:
nmwisima Wrote:By the way, since you are my lost twin brother, please prepare a bed for me in your house, cause I dont think I will stay on this country much more Confused
Huh

BTW: I do think you are welcome in any house of any member of the forum. Wink

Its very kind of you Art, just for the thought alone.

11-03-2011, 01:09 AM
86ism
Not alot of space here, but you can have my bed and ill take the couch! Although im not sure thers much gold to be dug here either.. But somehow i feel a positive atmospheere when talking to like minded people..

Had my first dose of liftoff and braking oversteer in rallye today.. im gonna like this carSmile

195 hp in a 106 chasis sounds like a neck injuryBig Grin
11-03-2011, 08:47 AM
86ism
195 with a single throttle.

They ve done 250 in ITBs and the strongest I ve driven is 327 on a turboed Saxo Blush Huh

I m not after gold mate :wink:

A.

11-03-2011, 10:40 AM
86ism
Oh Oh Apolan, hide yo kids, hide yo wife!

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear