12-10-2006, 03:48 PM
4AGZE in an AE86
Yes this is me, what u need to know?

Listen to the whine.
Not just a carbon copy.
Find all posts by this user
12-10-2006, 04:11 PM
4AGZE in an AE86
Well, it seems someone in Portugal already started a similar project.

I'll talk with him in MSN to see what were/are his main problems.

Thk you for your support.

I'm thinking to buy the engine from Fensport and they already send the ECU and all the necessary parts to make the conversion. At least i think so...

Joao:
You got PM
12-10-2006, 05:44 PM
4AGZE in an AE86
PMed

85 Red Toyota Corolla GT - project "vouàfalencia"
12-31-2006, 11:59 PM
4AGZE in an AE86
"I am not sure if your 4age ECU run map, but here it do, then we modifi the 4age ECU to run the 4agze engine."
I thought the 4AGEZ included a knock sensor--which is a very nice thing and allows much better use of the engine. The 4AGE ECU has no provision for using this, so "modifying" the 4AGE ECU would mean crippling the 4AGEZ engine. A bad thing to do, when you could install a matching 4AGEZ ECU instead.

No?

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.
01-12-2007, 12:40 AM
4AGZE in an AE86
Red Wrote:"I am not sure if your 4age ECU run map, but here it do, then we modifi the 4age ECU to run the 4agze engine."
I thought the 4AGEZ included a knock sensor--which is a very nice thing and allows much better use of the engine. The 4AGE ECU has no provision for using this, so "modifying" the 4AGE ECU would mean crippling the 4AGEZ engine. A bad thing to do, when you could install a matching 4AGEZ ECU instead.

No?

Well the 4agze ECU is VERY koncervativ, when we modifi, it make the same, or more hk, and get better miles/gallon.
Finn
01-12-2007, 01:18 AM
4AGZE in an AE86
Finn-
I understand that, but I read the original post to mean they are going to use a 4AGE ECU, which does not have a knock sensor, with a 4AGZE engine--which should be equipped with a knock sensor and an ECU that can take advantage of it. A 4AGZE ECU, not a 4AGE ECU.

Can you improve the performance of a stock 4AGE with 4AGE ECU ? What's available over there?

Original owner, 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S in the US of A. Will trade for a Cadillac-Gage V150 or a Ford GT44.
01-12-2007, 01:53 AM
4AGZE in an AE86
well, i'm gonna go thru the same process. I've installed the 4AGZE already into the car. all i did was swap the engine and use all 4AG electronics. The car started right away.

I have 2 choices:
[list:0aadb38fdc][*:0aadb38fdc]Send the ECU to Finn so he can make it work with the stock harness
[*:0aadb38fdc]Or run a switch from inside of the car to activate the SC on demand. If i leave it off, it should be a normal car without power. When i turn it ON, power goes in and fast we go!!![/list:u:0aadb38fdc]

Obviously i'll have to run all the intercooler piping and stuff Cool

Pedro Velado
GT-S Owner

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 4AGZE in an AE86]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2007, 03:05 AM
4AGZE in an AE86
How much has the conversion cost you so far in total Pedro? I'm trying to get an idea of prices so I too can do the conversion. Was hoping on doing it in the summer, but I may be having to move into a flat so will be lacking funds for a bit.
01-12-2007, 07:23 PM
4AGZE in an AE86
Engine: $500 (without SC)
SuperCharger: $200
Shop that swapped it: $100

Since I never needed to do any electric wiring at all, just the block and head was a bolt on swap because I'm not using the SC yet. But I will, and I will update you once I do it.

Guess on SC installation:
Piping cost: $100~150
Labor + electric: $150
Bigger injectors (used): $150
Better clutch and pressure plate: $150
Having fun & more power: PRICELESS! Cool

Pedro Velado
GT-S Owner

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - 4AGZE in an AE86]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2007, 07:52 PM
4AGZE in an AE86
Pedro, how do you intend to use the supercharger without blowing up the engine, if you really USE it but do not have the electrics to do the spark control for it?

That is one reason the Corollas were cheap cars in '85, they were obsolete compared to the many cars that already had spark timing control with a knock sensor. It didn't add a lot of cost to build them with one, compared to the benefits they add.