3sgte questions.
03-04-2008, 01:55 AM
3sgte questions.
I'm looking to swap a 3SGTE into an AE86, i searched this site and found very little.

My concerns with the swap are:

What transmission?
What motor mounts?

My search on this site told me that for a transmission I need a RWD Corolla/Carina C-engine (diesel) bellhousing and that will bolt to a W-series gearbox from a supra.

My questions to that are. I live in canada and im pretty sure they didnt make a Corolla/Carina C-engine here. Did they sell them in the US? also how hard would they be to find if i was to order one from overseas.
Also how would the W series trans stand up to a good amount of HP, I know all the supra guys swap the W series out for the R series trans so that makes me question the durability of the W trans.

Also what about a rwd Celica with a 2SE motor, would the trans from that bolt up and take the power?

What about the driveshaft length?

Lastly just to clairify, do i need to make motor mounts are is there some that bolt in with minor modifiction?

I'm not looking for crazy amounts of power, just planing on upping the boost to around 12psi and adding a BOV and font mount intercooler.

thanks

Also does anyone have a link to a site outlining the diffrences between the first, second and third generation 3SGTE motors? I cant seem to find anything on this motor, also how are the internals for boost? are the pistons forged?
Find all posts by this user
03-04-2008, 02:05 AM
3sgte questions.
RWD S series engine gearboxes will bolt up to a 3S-GTE, but i dont know which boxes those 2S engines had?

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
03-04-2008, 06:22 AM
3sgte questions.
Someone told me that those 2S engines came with the W-type manual transmission,true or not I don't know.
03-04-2008, 11:15 AM
3sgte questions.
The Doctor Wrote:RWD S series engine gearboxes will bolt up to a 3S-GTE, but i dont know which boxes those 2S engines had?

+ rumors that 1C (1.8D) RWD Corolla (CE70) use S-engine to W-gears pattern to.
That means 1C RWD bellhousing must be taken into account too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2008, 12:35 PM
3sgte questions.
yeah, i know jamiemirror, but Mr Efficiency said that probably no diseasel Carina made it to Canadian borders Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20v Silvertop - New Haltech ECU & Couple of questions 20valver 8 300 04-25-2024 12:39 PM
Last Post: 20valver
  Brake Bias Questions mad.matt 10 9,797 01-03-2019 04:54 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  wider rear axle,track width,suspension questions ditn 6 7,626 10-18-2016 11:50 AM
Last Post: fantapants
  Suspension questions leon205gti 17 13,242 04-30-2016 09:26 PM
Last Post: krullibull
  Brake questions d3nso 12 13,478 01-20-2016 01:06 PM
Last Post: pack