Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'
11-03-2011, 10:26 AM
UPDATE time again:

finally both my heads are finished - the higher spec one is as good as sold without me putting my hands on it. Due to change in plan.
Will use the other one to build my engine with the parts I have and go for the Beams swap in the future.

so now something everybody loves... pictures Smile
(this is the head done by Loynings with OS valves)

Intake side:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

1-4 individually
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter'][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bean Bandits Levin 'Globetrotter']

Exhaust side:
1-4 individually

and here a comparison, I convinced I'll be very happy with the OST#13
(Top to bottom: Virgin,OST#13,Loyning)

Pictures of OST#13 can be found here

All pictures courtesy of oldeskewltoy (Thanks again)

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Beautyfull!! :-)
Find all posts by this user
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Aram Wrote:Beautyfull!! :-)

The buyer is certainly going to be happy and so am I with Dans work Smile

shopping list so far:
- T3 adapter + vacuum manifold (easy)
- smallport fuel rail (still looking for that)
- MS DIYPNP (easy)
- means to measure performance gains (probably G-Tech Fanatic)

AE86 ex-daily
11-03-2011, 05:48 PM
The golden eagle is not the best option if you want to use your MS in MAP or ITB / blend mode (MAP + TPS)
You will need a Pulsation Dampers.

If you want to run in Alpha N (TPS only) he will do the work ^^
11-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Project D Wrote:The golden eagle is not the best option if you want to use your MS in MAP or ITB / blend mode (MAP + TPS)
You will need a Pulsation Dampers.

If you want to run in Alpha N (TPS only) he will do the work ^^

pulsation damper I can source without much trouble. I plan to make a mixed use of MAP (for low load) and TPS (for higher load) but before I decide for sure I'll have a look at how the MAP signal looks once everything is assembled. The Golden Eagle is no rocket science equipment anyway.

just one of many solutions Wink

AE86 ex-daily
12-02-2011, 02:37 PM
looks like a good and easy solution Smile

'87 levin coupé
12-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Like he say at the end of the video.. IT4S AMAZING Thumbs up!

Thanks.

SR Team
BURN THE RUBER NOT YOUR SOUL!
12-17-2011, 10:37 PM
So, little update - back from my US trip and came home with a few goodies, although the major goodie (head) didn't make it in time (thanks to my brother and USPS) anyway back to the goodish news:

I'm now owner of:
MSDIY PNP incl. full sequential features (just need to assemble it)
Phormula KS4 knock sensor (need to drill/tap a mounting on the block or source a AE92 or newer block)
Eagle vacuum manifold (which didn't come with the vacuum lines although mentioned - will write them and see if they will sort it out)
T3 ITB smallport manifold (will need [u:a7fb30224c]porting[/u:a7fb30224c] to get my OK to go on my car)

Head story: my brother gave me the wrong house number when he last moved, his neighbor (the housenumber labeld on the package 50m across the street not a friendly person (removed note for the postman we hang there the night before delivery)) and USPS is strict in making unnecessary work as they rather ship a package across the whole US again than change a house number on a package and did it slow enough to have the package back at the origin the day after I left. On a side note DHL, UPS and FedEx changed the wrong house number after a short phone-call without any but or ifs.

Picture will follow the next days, especially regarding the port work needed on the T3 manifold.

PS: still looking for a smallport fuelrail.

AE86 ex-daily
12-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Bean Bandit Wrote:just one of many solutions Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnL9qSHyUig

Haha, just seen this, great. Does it make MAP sensor usable even with high duration cams ?
Just today i thought if i should put MAP sensor, and will it be usable when i finally change cams in my head.
12-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Uzelac Wrote:
Bean Bandit Wrote:just one of many solutions Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnL9qSHyUig

Haha, just seen this, great. Does it make MAP sensor usable even with high duration cams ?
Just today i thought if i should put MAP sensor, and will it be usable when i finally change cams in my head.

to a certain degree most probably - issue with high duration cams is more related to the overlap than pulsation.
Personally I will try and make a blended mapping using MAP (idle and near idle) and AlphaN (rest). This involves more tuning headache but imho a better solution when done right. As I don't have my head yet I can't say how good it works myself... certainly works a treat on the bike as you've seen in the video.

AE86 ex-daily