security devices in your car
07-26-2006, 10:40 PM
i was just wondering what security you guys have on your car and how much it costs. cause something i m considering getting is a tracker about £740 and the dislock.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - security devices in your car]
Find all posts by this user
07-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Best security device: The car itself.
Just make it look so beaten up that nobody thinks it will move, and your safe.
works for me anyway Big Grin

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extrordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
07-26-2006, 11:00 PM
yes, you have a point, but i cant beat my 86 up, its too nice, i cant imagine doing anything to hurt my sakura hachiroku.
07-26-2006, 11:01 PM
the way mine looks, i can leave it all unlocked with open windows... Huh
once, when i got flooded, it was half open for a coupple of weeks...so i thtought...well....actually noone has any interest in it...;]

actually, noone even knows what car it is..Big Grin

adam
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Alarm and alarm stickersTongue. This is one of the good hachi sides - nobody sees it, unless he knows it. The first hachi I saw was my own one Tongue.

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
07-26-2006, 11:40 PM
its going to be hard man, i ve already bought some fake alarm ones that flash on the drivers side. its solar powered as well Big Grin

i live in london and i go to china town all the time. the likihood of it getting nicked by a chinese is rare since its would be hard to sell a hachi without the hachi community knowing one has been nicked and being sold pretty soon, unless, they rip it to pieces Sad
07-27-2006, 07:29 AM
senna Wrote:Best security device: The car itself.
Just make it look so beaten up that nobody thinks it will move, and your safe.
works for me anyway Big Grin

+1 Big Grin

3 different colours of flaking paint, never wash it, and a few crooked bits, I havent had any break-ins since I own the car either (there isnt anything of much interest in the car either unless you happen to need an extra dashboard).

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
07-27-2006, 08:34 AM
cherry blossom ae86?

Just get a snap off steering hub instead of the disclock..better no wheel then a protected wheel. Then maybe invest in a shift or pedal lock.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
07-27-2006, 03:36 PM
My hachis alway had an imobiliser with a secordary key fob, £100ish fitted & very good.
Steering locks & that are a waste of time.
Snap off steering wheels are good but just not on a night out, you might look a bit silly carrying a steering wheel around

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
07-27-2006, 05:34 PM
well, you also can strip your interior prior to look that it has no necessary parts...just as mine is ATM...Big Grin the rear seats are leying on the floor, just in case someone wants to be riddent in the back...but there's one "-" about it...they always fall down when you brake harder, so u get some punch in the bach... Wave

adam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo How to add photos to your posts banpei 2 4,152 01-17-2022 10:31 PM
Last Post: banpei
  what is your opinions on these head gaskets... CHOPKIN2 5 5,169 04-09-2018 05:29 PM
Last Post: mad.matt
  KE70 - need your help! zemosh 2 5,039 03-19-2015 07:42 PM
Last Post: willy
  Need your help,looking for a rallcar thats looks like this ditn 17 19,331 04-11-2013 07:13 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Camshafts... what is your desire? oldeskewltoy 9 8,087 03-23-2013 02:41 PM
Last Post: Uzelac