"eco" and "pwr"
04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
"eco" and "pwr"
hi guys.as long as you know i have an AE86.the engine is 4age 16v blue top.but there is a problem about it.we start the engine.nice idle.the "eco" light is on as it should be.but when we start to drive the car and push the throttle to the end the car cant get to "pwr" mode.it stays on the eco.so the car cant have the power that it should.as a result of this we cant accelerate like a 4age but like a 1.4 civic... i believe that the main problem is that "eco" & "pwr" stuff. the car cant get to pwr so it cant get enough fuel or air.it seems like the air/fuel ratio is not right.

so as a result i need to check the cables which are related with that "eco" and "pwr" thing. does any one know which cables are they? thnx

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - "eco" and..."]
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2008, 06:05 PM
"eco" and "pwr"
I believe it is not same problem, economy light just measure vacuum pressure in the manifold and lights the "power" light when vacuum drops, like on the moment when throttle flap opens wide or when engine is strained heavily.
The sensor is on the right side of the engine bay, on the strut tower. There goes one little hose from intake manifold and one wire. If you put the wire straight to ground, if i remember right, the "power" light goes on.
04-11-2008, 07:18 PM
"eco" and "pwr"
.... tear it off. the whole eco and pwr is bullshit. Measures on the intake manifold. Near teh throttle boddy

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
04-11-2008, 07:31 PM
"eco" and "pwr"
robokill Wrote:.... tear it off. the whole eco and pwr is bullshit. Measures on the intake manifold. Near teh throttle boddy

Hey. I like my eco/pwr light, don't call it that way :wink:

if you take of the vacuum pipe from the sensor, the pwr light should light up, there is also a little air restrictor in the vacuum pipe,

280z '75
audi S4 B5 '99
KE25 '71
04-12-2008, 10:42 AM
"eco" and "pwr"
robokill Wrote:.... tear it off. the whole eco and pwr is bullshit. Measures on the intake manifold. Near teh throttle boddy
It's not bullshit: when it's on it will restore the rainforest! So never push your car to pwr!!! Wink >Smile Big Grin

Seriously: my hachi had the same problem. The eco/pwr light did not change and that was probably due to the vacuum sensor being faulty. Nothing serious and my engine ran just fine. Smile

The butterflies are operated seperately (so not the same system!) through the ECU. The ECU gives the signal to the vacuum valve under the butterflies and the valve opens the butterflies.

Ofcourse it could be that both of them are broken. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2008, 08:41 PM
"eco" and "pwr"
first of all my car is not a at.it has always been mt =) what eve i have found some videos =) the first one shows "how should it be"

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=23TmzlqKVhA

the second one shows "how is mine" the second one has some engine else i think but it doesnt matter i m caring about the eco pwr light =)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=...lated

04-15-2008, 08:53 AM
"eco" and "pwr"
As far as I know, pwr & eco vacuum sensor has no influence on engine and ECU. I’m running my car with out it and it works fine. I have noticed that some additional vacuum is running thru the sensor, so I removed it. Now the green light is always on. Also I have removed old rusty EGR pipe, vacuum hoses and valve. Not a big deal. Engine is running just fine.

Fun is not the straight line!
04-15-2008, 05:38 PM
"eco" and "pwr"
In the first video, driver "hit the pedal to the metal" so the power light goes on (cause of pressure changes in the manifold) and car star to accelerate.
Ecu does not got any signals from the economy light, or maybe if there are some d.i.y-wirings Smile .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ECON and PWR light troubleshooting magpie 3 909 07-18-2023 01:28 PM
Last Post: banpei
  PWR light issue and no brake fluid after winter storage magpie 10 1,577 05-25-2023 08:09 AM
Last Post: Bean
  EDM GT-S Cluster, PWR light VSV? Rascal21 1 3,614 06-25-2017 08:00 PM
Last Post: Rascal21
  what wheel size 13", 14", 15" use on hachi ? Ryo 22 16,673 07-26-2006 02:39 PM
Last Post: Ivan141