jsut alittle problem
07-14-2008, 10:16 AM
jsut alittle problem
ello mates
jsut for curiosity if anybody had this problem like i do

3A liear engine + unknow gearbox (plate says K50 but my car has hydraulic reservoir)when i bought it + drive shaft + 6.8"diferential

note: i dont understand the 6.8" where to where can anyone explain me from to where the measure is to do 6.8" very simple but i dont know

+ axe +tires

well the probelm that i have is when i shift to reverse u know

clutch then i shift to reverse then press the acelerator when i m steping off the clutch pedal to make the car moves (oviusly) just in reverse the car starts to rumble,jump in a few words feels horrible all the back seats or the rear part(cuase im driving =interior) starts to rumble i mean like an earthquake is horrible I M OBLIGATED to re step on the clucth pedal
to avoid the rumble .

well this problem do not produces in 1fs gear 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th
uhmmm few times but very few ones in 1st gear when im stop at the stoplight and want to move feels the same rumble but very soft but i feel it
and i say whaaaat wasnt in reverse only well i stop the car again and just acelerate alittle bit more and problem soft but the reverse not havent been solutioanted i though was the exhaust line that was very but very close to the drive shaft.i jacked upthe car and saw the driveshaft was hitting the exhasust line even the drive shaft has linear marks on it so i took the car to the welder a few fire here and there and the exhaust line is separated now so i said yeeees no more reverse probelm but
the problem still until now
so my friends told me to drain alittle bit of diferential oil to see if theres abit of metalpieces to discharge the posibility of a wearing or anything else
but for me maybe can be other problem what u think
its strange just IN REVERSE?
i verified the gearbox mounts seems good but imgonna rechek
maybe attak pinion
any sugestion that can i make in my little garage
Find all posts by this user
07-17-2008, 09:23 AM
jsut alittle problem
noone?
omg
07-17-2008, 09:56 AM
jsut alittle problem
maybe your reverse gear is shot, causing all the noise?

(no mechanic here, but shrug, well, hmmz, if you only have the rumble in reverse, I'd guess the reverse gear is just totally borken/worn/something not so good Tongue)

btw, take a little bit more time writing your stuff. It is kinda hard to read through. By taking more time to write, I mean: re-read what you type and remove the speed-typo's (switched letters and all which are mainly caused by fast inaccurate typing Tongue)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-17-2008, 10:36 PM
jsut alittle problem
im really nosure and no positive cuase to make reverse the intermediate pinion have to be meesed up in that case the car never go reverse but before can did it ,i think maybe is the i dont know th etechnical name
but its between the driveshaft and the diferential like a cruice and article that i have says can be that but just in reverse damn
thats difcult

any other sugestion?
07-17-2008, 10:59 PM
jsut alittle problem
loose/worn bearing perhaps? Where the driveshaft connects to the diff?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-18-2008, 10:08 PM
jsut alittle problem
loose bearing uhmm
just in reverse?

uhmmm
07-22-2008, 08:01 PM
jsut alittle problem
try a few tests...
1) go to a hill... let car roll backwards with your foot on the clutch... hear noise?
2) remove driveshaft... check for loosness in center support bearing... also check all universal joints for full non binding operation.

I think you may have the front universal joint going bad... but diagnosis from 6000 miles away(western USA) is kinda tough

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
07-29-2008, 05:10 AM
jsut alittle problem
Yeah the reverse girl is a really weird gear. Also check your clutch assembly and make sure you lube up your fork.

Fully Restored 1985 Corolla GT-S
1987 328ci SR20DET Drift Car
1989 Honda Civic Si-R Current Project
2002 Corolla CE Daily Driver

http://www.TheTunerSource.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4agZe problem solved - 99% IC problem Okami 41 33,301 07-12-2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: Okami
  AC problem? Idle problem? KD2229 3 4,419 08-19-2009 02:08 AM
Last Post: KD2229