am I in a wrong country ?!?
12-14-2008, 06:34 PM
about 3 monhts ago I move to Germany to make money and finish my ae86 project . money thing is ok but cant find any useful parts anywhere .
all shops that I have been tell me the same thing: if you drive golf 2 or bmw 3 then is not a problem, but for toyota it is a big problem and we cant help you.
maybe it is a problem in a place that I live now ?
Laupheim is a small city but in that small place is headquarter of Hamman-motorsport. I was there and ask the man behind counter "can you make me a custom springs?" he said "yes , but only for Porsche 997 or Aston Martin Vantage V8". "ok" I said- "if you can make springs for cars that go over 300 km/h then certainly you can make some for my ae86 rolla." . "no " he said "but we can make some spring for a Mini" . "Fuck you and your Mini, I am not some rich mans wife to drive a Mini, how dare you to putt motorsport in your company name!" Angry

anyway I am not gonna give up on my rolla or chance to drive on Nurburgring, but I need some help from ae86 enthusiast in Germany to point me in a right direction. is there good shop that can make me custom springs in Ulm area? do we really need to order all parts from oversea ?

imagine if I come back to Mostar and my friends ask me "what did you do to your car?" and I say to them "nothing!"
come on guys it is your country pride on stake .

"Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -Hunter S. Thompson
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Its quite difficult to find the parts close at home, but this forum is the place to find a lot of stuff and knowledge.

Currently youre searching for some spings. Do you already know what kind of spring and what springrate?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - am I in a wrong country ?!?]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
Find all posts by this user
12-14-2008, 07:13 PM
some quality springs 4.5 front and 3 kg/mm in the back. 3 cm lowering
I was searching for some Eibach , pro street , but the cant get them from England to my local dealer ( dont ask me why )

"Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -Hunter S. Thompson
12-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Jango_Fett Wrote:... do we really need to order all parts from oversea ?
yes !
i'm living in Austria and i have the same problem, you can't get any tuningparts overhere that's why i'm ordering everything in the UK, USA, Australia and Japan.

but
there is a shop in Germany that sells B&G springs for our Hachi and is making custom springs for about 44€ each
http://www.timms-autoteile.de
direct link to the custom springs
http://www.timms-autoteile.de/d/kat/federn.pdf
and B&G springs (page 14)
http://www.timms-autoteile.de/d/web/tief...mplett.pdf

hope this could help you
12-14-2008, 07:54 PM
apex spring are available everywhere in the Netherlands.
I have a set for sale as soon as i get my other rear springs.
12-14-2008, 08:09 PM
aussiefan Wrote:but
there is a shop in Germany that sells B&G springs for our Hachi and is making custom springs for about 44€ each
thank for help I appreciate it but they are 520 km away from me lol

does any body have eibach pro street springs , any feedback on them
I heard that they lower back end more than front , why ??
to reduce oversteer maybe??

12-15-2008, 12:37 PM
I have Eibach springs on the front but its including coilovers so I just adjust the rideheight. I drive 6.0 kg/mm at the front and think that its perfect for a street/race car. I do think that its a bit to hard for daily drive. Sometimes when I drive on the highway there are some bumps in the road and I bump my head to the roof because of the setup. Tongue For daily use those Apex springs would be great or you can also order Espelir springs (GT or ASD). Springrate of the GT is a little higher than ASD, but can still be used with the original struts.
Try to look on http://www.nengun.com. They sell the GT for sure and don't be affraid to buy on internet. We do it a lot! Smile

EDIT: Else if you dont trust companies, then ask PASS on this forum. He is a trustable seller for a few years on this forum and Im sure he can find you the stuff you would like to have.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - am I in a wrong country ?!?]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
12-15-2008, 07:45 PM
yea I buy on internet but now i dont have permanent address and no paypal, so I was thinking since I am in Germany it would be easier to find some good racing shop and my problems will be solved . LOL

thanks for info on eibach , I appreciate it...