Wheels, dimensions, offset and so on
11-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Try here:
http://www.rsparts.nl/page15.html
No reason that this stuff should be expensive. Willing to bet that there are tons of stores selling this stuff in norway. You also don't need 32mm spacers..use smaller ones and you can still keep the original wheelbolts and threads.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
11-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I finally decided to buy these from eBay. Expensive or not. (305$ including express shipping)

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Wheels, dimensions, offset and so on]
11-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Spacers have arrived... Gonna go buy some rims on Monday... Lets hope they'll fit... Smile

11-29-2006, 03:15 AM
I finally got new rims and winter tires for my AE86:

But... it's rubbing the inside plastic liner as shown in the picture...

Could this be to bad caster adjustment? Rubs when I turn full over...

And please don't mention how extremly muddy and dirty my car is Smile
11-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey, how extremly muddy and dirty is your car! Smile

I think you shouldn't mind about this rubbing. Mine does it too but I don't care. Nothing bad happened by now.

If the car is lowered and has wide rims this happens.
11-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Well... it kind of made a hole in the plastic fenders, so I had to take em off. (For the moment at least).

I'm gonna check if the front alignment isn't correct first, and if that's not the problem I'll make some minor customization to the plastic fenders to make em fit.
11-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Its normal. You need to remove the plastic and bash the lip flat on the inside of your arch.

I run 15x9 -13 with a seriously extended LCA up front and the caster is way back. I had to hammer alot. Its common practice on AE86's.

Driftworks - JSPFab.com - DangerStyle - NightSpirit
11-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Ok, is it a bad idea to run without the plastic fenders? Huh

It looks like it leaves an open gap under the cars side panels. Tongue
11-30-2006, 10:48 AM
amigaguy,

I run without them, and so do alot of others, because they do give rubbing problems.

It has advantages, but it does also have disadvantages.

Advantages are less rubbing (offcourse) but also that less dirt gets trapped behind the rear bit which is a know rust cause (probably like with me, when you took em off, a large lump of sand well out from behind it).

The biggest disadvantage is the whole reason those plastic covers are there, your tires kick up watter and dirt thats on the ground and the plastic covers is all that protects the body of your car against that. If not properly protected the paint can get a beating and that can cause rust when the paint gets chipped or scratched. Also in winter time with salt on the road this salt can get sprayed into naste little corners, especially towards your doors and hinches.

On the inside of the fenders my car has a thick layer of dinitrol so I'm not to worried about it, only a little about the hinches, but making sure that I keep the car clean during the salt months in winter I'm sure it will be fine enough..

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
11-30-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm running 15x7 offset 0 and I've had my caster aligned all the way to the front. No rubbing at the back. Rubs a little in the fender lip though. Plastic covers still there.

Best regards

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick question - Brake Pad Dimensions Lt86 2 4,904 06-07-2015 12:08 AM
Last Post: jondee86
  Dimensions clutch master cylinder bozu 2 5,544 04-16-2015 07:11 AM
Last Post: bozu
  Billet 5X114.3 hubs adds 30mm offset 4000GT 0 3,351 01-30-2015 06:40 AM
Last Post: 4000GT
  Spindle dimensions, backing plate bolt pattern Rascal21 18 19,738 03-13-2014 11:45 AM
Last Post: Rascal21
  DRAG dr54 wheels >> +15 offset >? help !! geoscranny84 4 5,465 04-26-2012 09:31 PM
Last Post: bozu