What is Shuto Kousoku Trials
08-16-2004, 05:43 PM
For the uninitiated some basic information about Shuto Trials.

Shuto Trials is a serie of 6 movies about Japanese Street Racing.

The first movie was made a fairly long time ago and revolves around a Japanese teenager who dreams of becoming a profesional race driver. In order to accomplish his dream he does time trials at night on public roads in Tokyo just like his idol F1 race driver. He needs to complete 7 different courses and set record times to make his dream become a reality.

The subsequent movies have plots that expand on this theme and although each movie pretty much stands alone. Characters from one movie do return in sequals in one way or another. The series also features certain Japanese stars and racedrivers who play themselves in the series. One who gets a substantial role is a very young Keiichi Tsuchiya, also known as the drift king in Japan. As the series progresses the races get better and better but at the same time the movies give a very clear message towards the dangers of road racing.

Keiichi Tsuchiya who himselve has his roots in the street racing scene of Japan. Interestingly while the series highlites the motivations of the Japanese youth to participate in street racing, Keiichi tries to bring over a clear message that you should race on the track, not on the street.

I personally picked up the complete series as a special set box on a trip to Asia and was immidiately hooked. Searching for Shuto Trial on Google gives links to several retailers that sell the series on VCD and DVD.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2005, 12:48 PM
This forum sucks Mux! rename/delete/do something with it! Evil

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Why does it suck? I can't help it nobody takes the trouble to watch this seriesSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I watched it, dont really feel there is anything to discuss though..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-08-2005, 12:55 PM
you see mux! Tongue

Drifting - best fun you can have in your car with your pants on!
03-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Ivan,

Plenty of people who feel the same way about initial D, still initial D is all about an AE86 which is the link to our forum. Shuto has less of a link, might be more at home on a nissan forumSmile

That said, I found it nice to watch, and it does no harm to be here, but if enough people don't want it here, I wouldn't miss it if it goes awaySmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

03-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Maybe it should fit better under off topic? I dunno..

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - What is Shuto Kousoku Trials]
03-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Mux, dont take it personally, Shuto trials is fun to watch if you like oldscool japanese cars, but what is there to discuss?
There arent any new episodes coming out, nothing new to talk about.
6 months without a single post kinda make the point for themselves wouldnt you agree?

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
03-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:Mux, dont take it personally, Shuto trials is fun to watch if you like oldscool japanese cars, but what is there to discuss?
There arent any new episodes coming out, nothing new to talk about.
6 months without a single post kinda make the point for themselves wouldnt you agree?
Well, you are posting now. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - What is Shuto Kousoku Trials]
03-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Ivan, hehehe, you are right really. Guess I'm just to much into japanese moviesSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does shuto trials have a place on this forum Mux213 10 10,992 03-09-2005 11:39 AM
Last Post: The Doctor