Some engine, brake and suspension DIY components.
05-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Jamiemirror.

btw.

what kind of steel pipe are you using for the turboheader ?
mild steel - Or special materail that cope with the heat.

you must use special material pipe sine using mild steel pipe will "shatter" small pieces all the time & throw these pieces inte the turbine & damage it

K

I´m sorry sir, your planet has been sceduled for destruction
in favor of an intergalactic highway -Thank you

Kristian Hesselmark, Sweden
EVO-DRIFT-STREET-DRAG-SHOW
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Kris, I use grade 20 steel and in my design I presume (I personally will go that way) to hook the turbo on the stand bolted on left front strut tower. This will decrease mechanical stress to the extractor and will allow some movement of the extractor tubes (caused by heating).
I don't think that there is a way to shatter any piece from the tubes :-)
If I compare grade 20 steel to regular stainless steel - I can say that grade 20 mild steel is somewhere ~grade 5.8-6 and stainless one is max grade 7. This can be important if I use big turbo unit without any kind of support (for headers or turbo). I can resolve this issue using 4+mm thick tubes but I prefer to rely on design.
05-25-2005, 02:38 PM
http://samodisel.lorddigital.com/razni/A...tion/EDIS/

An EDIS experiment - this trigger wheel can be used when you use Ford EDIS with non-tvis 4AGE engine (this is actual item shown, bluetop version will be available also).
I used 2X5mm teeth wheels (just to be sure that "punkara" can rely on this piece - there was no time for experiments). Yesterday I tested it with one 5 mm wheel and it works also, but I prefer to use one 9mm wheel (closest match to original FORD wheel size). This adapter has central hole and can be bolted over the crankshaft alternator/water pump wheel. I used zinc plating (rust-proof), laser cutting, welding and lathe (to avoid any disbalance).
06-29-2005, 03:09 PM
I can produce wheel adapters/spacers made from hardened duraluminium (aluminium alloy) up to 90mm in thickness. Estimated weight of 4 pieces 30mm (for example) is under 5kg. Can change the PCD also (adapters) to the custom one. The price will vary in 100-200EU range (will also include studs - for adapters).
PS: I can deliver them in different colours (anodising).
06-29-2005, 11:42 PM
ANy pics or designs my friend?
Possible to make spacers from rare 4X114.3 to popular 4X100?
How about exact centering them on the car and then the wheels on them?
Cost for a set like this in 10mm thickness?
Thanks in advance Thumbs up!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
Find all posts by this user
06-30-2005, 09:25 AM
I doubt that 10mm will be enough for 4X114-->4X100 adapter (if you plan to use your stock studs). Yes, the main idea is to be able to use 4X100 and 4X108mm rims from european cars (cheap, beatiful and widely available). I prefer to work for personal orders - when you got the rims, I can fabricate hub-centric spacer/adapter (to the hub and to the rim).
This is simple disc plate with 8 holes (and one centered), some additional machining is involved for hub-centric design and 8-holes finishing - there is no exotic design, man :-) Offcourse, thin spacers can be only 4-hole design (but keep in mind that if you use more than 6mm spacers - you must replace your wheel studs).
PS: I started this fabrication due to one request for Supra MA61. There were solid 50mm thick adapters ...
06-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks a lot man!
waiting for the other parts we were talking being finished... and of course pics... :wink:

AE86 FANATIC!!!
08-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Interim update:
http://samodisel.lorddigital.com/razni/A...ng_rod.jpg
http://samodisel.lorddigital.com/razni/A...ng_rod.jpg

Cleaned zinc-plated (galvanised) long rod vs stock 20-year old short one (they came from the same car).

PS: I can perfectly strip rust from rear calipers - for example (prefer to not zinc-plate them). The metod is non-destructive and will be a part of caliper rebiuld procedure.
08-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Hey Jammie what about the things we were talking about... Confused Undecided
Any progress? Dumb question

AE86 FANATIC!!!
09-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Jammieeeeeeeeee
any news?????

AE86 FANATIC!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AJPS.com.au - - STEERING LOCK SPACERS and REAR brake upgrade AJPS 5 12,591 04-30-2014 05:10 AM
Last Post: AJPS
  Track and road brake kits ep71 12 14,210 09-17-2012 10:28 AM
Last Post: ep71
  Speed Industries: GReddy Sale, only suspension and brake kit speed-inc 28 21,663 04-24-2008 08:08 PM
Last Post: speed-inc
  BREAKING AE86 ENGINE GEAR BOX LONG CHAMPS SUSPENSION ALL ziggy 33 24,133 12-31-2007 09:26 PM
Last Post: Conrad