SST (Special service tools) questions.
02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello again Smile
After checking a lot of local stores that sell equipment for car repair centers i gived up hope to find some alternative of getting tools that will help me to adjust rebuilded stearing rack. There is just impossible to get this type of tools in this kind of shops. I think i will be going to get some from my local toyota dealer. Only what troubles me is the price of course. Last time i checked i was looking for brake calipers (rear) piston special tool and i ended creating my own special tool with help of my friend. I don't think so i will be able to create with my friends help every special service tool. Have anyone idea or can point me where i can get this kind of tools except visiting every time my toyota dealer ? Thanks Smile

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005
Find all posts by this user
02-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Every time I have needed a SST, my dad and I have created one our selfs. If you read the manuals you need like 50 different SSTs which would cost a crazy lot of money!

So like you already did, create them yourselfs. That's what I would continue to do. I bet that if you need something special, some one in this forum has already made it, and could share some photos of it :-)

AE86 - 4AGE - 1984
My project - http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/another-d...on/t/13190
02-22-2011, 10:50 PM
what special tool are you referring too? i never needed anything so special i had to buy it from the toyota dealer. there always is another way Smile

if you really want to use the special tool, you tried ebay? or maybe there is someone else close to you, someone from a toyota forum or something who can help you with this.
04-06-2011, 07:51 PM
The steering gives now a lot of trouble anyone have some idea where i can order:
SST 09612-10092 STEERING GEAR HOUSING OVERHAUL TOOL SET ?
There are all tools that i need to adjust the stearing after replacing the bush there is even the bush puller included
I asked by our toyota dealer the SET cost 319 EUR is that much or not ?
I was thinking it will be a little cheaper. Yea i can only dream about it Big Grin
Also i am not sure if this is the correct set for AE86 GT coupe from 1985 without power steering but it seems so looking at the AE86 manual.
If i order something total useless for more than three hundred bucks i will go nuts Blush

85' AE86 GT coupe lifetime project since 2005

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20v Silvertop - New Haltech ECU & Couple of questions 20valver 5 76 Today 04:28 PM
Last Post: 20valver
  Need special parts gh0st 4 2,418 09-11-2021 02:23 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Brake Bias Questions mad.matt 10 9,719 01-03-2019 04:54 AM
Last Post: mad.matt
  wider rear axle,track width,suspension questions ditn 6 7,575 10-18-2016 11:50 AM
Last Post: fantapants
  Suspension questions leon205gti 17 13,186 04-30-2016 09:26 PM
Last Post: krullibull