Purchase & Import company recommendations.
09-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Greetings.

1st time posting here so hello everyone.

Im looking for recommendations on what campany I should use to purchase and import a AE86 Trueno from Japan. It would have to be an all inclusive service. The purchase, the import, all relivant paperwork and legal requirments, and delivery.

I have found a couple, but im hessitant to use one without knowing what the community thinks are the best choices.

Would appreciate any advise here as I've never imported before.

Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2018, 05:12 PM
Welcome Bojack, worth adding where you are from so we can recommend companies based on your location Wink
09-04-2018, 05:26 PM

That would be helpfull wouldnt it >.<

UK, North East Scotland.
09-04-2018, 05:38 PM
https://www.japaneseusedcars.com

Not sure how much service is included as I never used them myself but heard good things about them. Also I met Rees when I was over in Japan, very friendly and they put in the effort.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

AE86 ex-daily
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2018, 09:08 PM
I've had good experience with Pacificcoast JDM, but they only export the cars. You could always drop them a line and ask if they have a contact that could take care of things near Scotland.

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Purchase & Import compa...endations.]
09-04-2018, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2018 09:26 PM by Bojack.)
I appreciate the responses, keep them coming Smile

Anyone had any dealings with, or know the repuation of neweraimports.com ?
09-04-2018, 09:26 PM
Have you asked on Driftworks, probably more from your area with experience there

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

AE86 ex-daily
09-04-2018, 10:47 PM
(09-04-2018 05:26 PM)Bojack Wrote:  ..

That would be helpfull wouldnt it >.<

UK, North East Scotland.

Welcome! You from Peterheed?!

Import companies for cars I'd recommend: Torque GT (based in Devon), JM Imports (based in Newcastle), Japaneseusedcars.com.
Also worth giving Andrew Strang from Finalboss! as he has a lot experience importing cars.

Import companies I WOULDN'T recommend: Japwest Mods....selling stock they don't have by using the Yahoo JP post. Cars arrive not as spec and people out of pocket and a really hard time trying to get money back from them.
09-05-2018, 09:51 PM
(09-04-2018 10:47 PM)mad.matt Wrote:  Welcome! You from Peterheed?!

Import companies for cars I'd recommend: Torque GT (based in Devon), JM Imports (based in Newcastle), Japaneseusedcars.com.
Also worth giving Andrew Strang from Finalboss! as he has a lot experience importing cars.

Import companies I WOULDN'T recommend: Japwest Mods....selling stock they don't have by using the Yahoo JP post. Cars arrive not as spec and people out of pocket and a really hard time trying to get money back from them.

Thanks. No no peterhead, Fordyce, near Portsoy.

Been in contact with Torque-GT, seems good, though whilst discussing things, they gave an example of a car that sold at auction for 900k yen saying it would be around £10k gbp + their fee by the time all l was said and done, which seems steep as thats like £4k+ ontop of the inital auction cost of the car.
Waiting on replies form other places.

Would appreciate more sugestions from people. Thanks
09-06-2018, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2018 12:18 PM by mad.matt.)
(09-05-2018 09:51 PM)Bojack Wrote:  Thanks. No no peterhead, Fordyce, near Portsoy.

Been in contact with Torque-GT, seems good, though whilst discussing things, they gave an example of a car that sold at auction for 900k yen saying it would be around £10k gbp + their fee by the time all l was said and done, which seems steep as thats like £4k+ ontop of the inital auction cost of the car.
Waiting on replies form other places.

Would appreciate more sugestions from people. Thanks

Jeezo, proper North East!

It's worth considering the costs involved:
Base Cost of Car
Auction Fee
Transport/Insurance

The above accounts for your FOB cost.

Customs Clearance
Import Duty/Vat on entry to the country. (20%+ of above)
Registration
Transport from Dock to Torque GT
MOT/Remedial Works/Replacing parts stolen while in Dock or on boat
Valeting
Torque GT's fee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2nd Annual OSTC Classic Import Car Show pic tomstwincam 1 3,932 09-06-2012 11:45 PM
Last Post: tomstwincam
  Best country to import &quot;rust free&quot; ae86? EJ20 6 6,823 03-27-2012 06:57 PM
Last Post: zenki
  1st Annual Old School Import Showdown pictures tomstwincam 1 4,188 10-06-2011 02:56 AM
Last Post: tomstwincam
  Is Omori Meter still a trading company? hachirokuGTV 3 6,047 08-10-2009 08:16 PM
Last Post: hachirokuGTV