Project from Denmark
09-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Project from Denmark
Takker Thumbs up!
Jep that 1/4 panel was a very good deal Cool

Restoring my AE86, all the way... Going JDM style Big Grin
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/150463#150463
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2012, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 11:10 PM by Vaptor.)
Project from Denmark
An update more. Smile

There were some rust in the tailgate, toke some time to get it perfect. Meaning a lot less bondo/filler :wink:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Project from Denmark]

As you can see I have closed all the holes in the Tailgate, there will be no rear window viper or washer, also the holes for the tailgate spoiler has been closed, as I will mount a TRD rear Wing. I will also remove the key hole, as I have planed to use an electric opening system, this will also be done for the Gas lied (I hope).

Now for some guddies, got a great deal on a Complete Megan Racing suspension, so had to buy it. Think that it will look awesome, with a white underbelly Thumbs up!

Used some time to line the two doors from Japan up, prior to that, I have measured the car up, to tjek that is isn't bent, or out of line. So my two doors fit perfectly on to the car.

Really nice with two doors from Japan, there is no sticky goop nor rust inside the doors, and the inside is like new, and what a bargain 135 Euro for both doors at a local dealer Hurray!

10-01-2012, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 11:15 PM by Vaptor.)
Project from Denmark
For the last 1½ years, I have been looking for an roof, with or without a genuine sunroof, with the roof lining. And finally I found a rusted old car, with an roof and lining. It also has a complete and flawless wiring, and all the windows without flows. Just for the need prices of 400 Euro's including shipping cost Thumbs up!

The roof isn't in perfect condition, I have to reuse the panel part, where you glue the front window on, but my own has no rust there, surprisingly not... Huh

Have removed some of the car, the roof, rear panel, and the two sides (one big piece on each side)
Will cut the rest of the car in to two pieces, and save it for later. Will see how much of it that can be saved or repaired. Smile

Thats is for now, I am currently woorking on the roof and rear 1/4 panel, its going to be great when that part is done Cool

11-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Project from Denmark
Damn bro!

Just read the whole project! Rustyland?!

Jesus, that's alot of rust! Nice job going through that much metal work :wink:
11-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Project from Denmark
Yea. The cars in Denmark rust, a lot of rain and snow, and a lot of salt on the roads during the winters, make the cars rust a lot.... Confused

11-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Project from Denmark
I applaud your dedication and workmanship, well done! Thumbs up!

slpery.wordpress.com
11-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Project from Denmark
Thanks Smile

At this moment I am trying to find some parts for the rear inner fender in the fuel side, mine was compleatly gone, so I don't even have anything to shape some new parts after.... Confused

Besides that the roof and rear qouter panel has been removed, several parts has been sandblasted, and sent to surface treatment.
Have some pictures that I will put up later this week. Smile

11-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Project from Denmark
You should really think about aplying some "boat special paint" to retard the rust on your car..... Ever tought about that?

Mine got that treatment on the bonnet and it's crazy..... Seems like the rust will never afect that metal anymore! Wave
11-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Project from Denmark
I will Sandblast the hole car, when I am finished with all the sheet metalwork, and then give it some Epoxy primer, and new sealer at all the sheet metal connections in the hole car. So it will never rust again. Smile

12-16-2012, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017 09:39 PM by Vaptor.)
Project from Denmark
It's been a wile since my last update, spend much of my time at work, but also with my Girl friend, she's not always happy when I am gone all weekend Tongue

But have made some progress, more or less. Got more of the car disassemble in order to get the new rear 1/4 panel on the car. Thumbs up!

Started to clean the edge all around the roof and the rear panel, so I could drill all the spot welds, in order to replace the roof and rear 1/4 panels.

Next I looked at the roof from the black car, and the front of the roof panel was rusted away, that will make the roof replacing a lot more difficult. Confused

Luckily my own roof front, was in perfect condition, so I could reuse that.

After drilling all the spot welds in the roof, I made a cut in the front part of the roof, so I could weld that part to the black roof. It will take some precision welding, luckily I have gotten some copper plate, to put next to weld area, and hopefully draw away most of the heat from the welding, so that the roof won't come out of shape. Smile

When I pulled the roof of, I saw that the rear cross panel, was rusted badly several places, so that will also be taken off, and the one from the black car put in instead, as it has no rust at all. Measured the car several places, and welded a support bar in to it, just to be sure. Cool

After roof was taken of, I started to close all the drilling holes, damm.. that toke a lot of time, also made a piece of rust, in this corner.

Next step was to drill all the spot welds in the rear 1/4 panel, and there was a lot of them, a very time consuming effort, but then it will be done correctly :wink:

After some work, the panel came off, in one piece, so it can be restored, with some parts from the black car.

Off cores everything couldn't go as planned, when I removed the rear 1/4 panel, the inner panel diapered, it rusted and held together with newspaper and filler... Banging head

This would take a lot of time to rebuild, even worse I did not have the old parts to build after... So I had to go looking for some kind of used part, to build after. This toke me a lot of time, but I think I have found enough parts to rebuild it.

So just for my own enjoy, I made a small test fitting of my new rear 1/4 panel, can't wait until I can weld it on to the car Thumbs up!

That was my update, a small update will in a few day's. I have been looking for parts the last month, I have found some guddies. Hurray!