1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Project Sakura]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2020, 09:54 PM
Project Sakura
Stunning Bean.. truly something special.

Saw an orange one passing me by the other day and it really stands out from all the modern tat.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
10-28-2020, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 04:25 PM by Bean.)
Project Sakura
Thank you I only wished it wasn't that crazy expensive

PS: for those curious, you can find the album with plenty more pictures here <- click

AE86 ex-daily
10-30-2020, 06:04 PM
Project Sakura
(10-28-2020 02:19 PM)Bean Wrote:  Thank you I only wished it wasn't that crazy expensive

at least you kind of know...... Confused mine is still a dismantled carcass at this stage...... Sad

Dan -

You can |Sad .... OR you can ask for help!!!

OST Porting service - http://hachiroku.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19991
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2020, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2020 10:37 PM by Bean.)
Project Sakura
True, mind you I steered myself well in this direction when I chose A. not to do it myself this time around and B. selecting one of the most reputable Z restorers in all of Europe.
For those who are familiar with Z restorations you may know MZR from the UK (unfortunately they are well out of my price range) but my guy is one of the few working with them outside the UK.

I genuinely hope hope you'll have better luck with yours Dan as in hindsight, while I would do it again I definitely overpaid purchasing the car.
Lesson learned, don't buy a car when you are tight on time to thoroughly inspect it with all the necessary tools at hand.

Could I have saved money by shipping it abroad to be restored? Certainly. Would it have been much more of a headache? Definitely.

AE86 ex-daily
11-05-2020, 03:02 AM
Project Sakura
Tis glorious ...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

clutch kick, switch, tree .... oowwww
Find all posts by this user
05-30-2021, 03:57 PM
Project Sakura
She's up and running again Hurray!
still need to pass the Test on Monday, so fingers crossed.

Unfortunately the nice wheels never made it to Switzerland - 2 orders got canceled due to Covid so maybe next year.

If I pass the test I'll find a nice spot and make a quick video with more details.
And then I finally put some attention back into the Corolla and who knows it might run again before I leave the country for another year.[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Project Sakura]

AE86 ex-daily
05-30-2021, 09:24 PM
Project Sakura
She's looking gorgeous! Thumbs up!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Project Sakura]
05-30-2021, 09:41 PM
Project Sakura
I'm not a sucker for originality when it comes to Z's, but it looks concours worthy so I'm sure you wont regret any of your decisions.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
06-03-2021, 12:38 PM
Project Sakura
Thanks, it's close to concourse but not quite there and most probably never will - if you take a close look at some small details there's still room for improvement. I know where all those small details are, it's mostly areas that were in decent condition and not worth fixing to 'new' condition or simply a pain to source a replacement that was in better shape then what I have already.
It's a lot of fun to drive despite being completely stock.

Test completed without any issues and I also passed the 'historic' grade (here it's called 'veteran status', which I was aiming for as I only need to do the test once every 6 years but am limited to 3000km per year (not an issue for me as I'm only around for a month or two a year anyway). [Image: AEU86 AE86 - Project Sakura][Image: AEU86 AE86 - Project Sakura]

AE86 ex-daily