Thread Closed 
Offtopic discussion 2
03-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Offtopic discussion 2
roco Wrote:since starting this project I have completely changed the car several times.
Was going to just run the v8. then I decided on a English s13 axle with welder, then I decide, on s13 front end, and s13 brakes, then I decided on s13 coilovers and turreted the rear end, then I decided to scrap the safety devices cage and do it properly, …. And even now im still chaging my mind. its taking ages, but a wise man ones said theres no short cuts in doing something right. im not going to spare any expense on this as its at such a stage it would ruin the rest of the car.im even going as far as replacing and painting each nut and bolt. I would still do somethings diffrent like axle placement, but I wana see how this set up works first. I can rectify things as I go as im unsure of what its going to be like as this setup hasn’t been done before all in one car.
Hopefull it will turn out like the picture in my head, lol 

Its all been done many times before years ago , sorry but there is nothing new there really . I would have maybe thought about the cg before worrying about painting bolts Banging head
Find all posts by this user
03-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Offtopic discussion 2
Give him a chance man,

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
03-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Offtopic discussion 2
Eircamae86 Wrote:Give him a chance man,

Who are you ? his mother

I am sure that anyone able to do what is done in this thread will be able to comment on there reasoning behind there work

Maybe go get your post count up on some rubbish Australian AE86 forum where people talk more about video games than working on there cars Wave
03-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Offtopic discussion 2
Its all been done many times before years ago , sorry but there is nothing new there really . I would have maybe thought about the cg before worrying about painting bolts Banging head[/quote]

first of all yes all these things have been done to the ae86, but not all these modifications to the one car, that is what i meant, and if there is a car with all this done then id love to know about it..... yes i do agree with you on axle placement, i should have mounted it higher in the chasis as it will severely alter the roll center. this i know and this i all ready knew before i mounted it. my motives behind this as i said before, was to make the car squat, and have the rear lower control arm parallel to the ground while driving, this was to have the most track. by doing this, i have put the roll center way out and to try counter that i have made the rear geometry adjustable, i have got an uprated arb, and got stiffer spring rates in the coilovers, im going to run like this for the moment, and see what comes of it. if all comes to all i just cut the mounts and lower it a few inches. to be honest i dont see why your getting all worked up about it. im the one going to be driving it and completely aware of where i put the axle, and your not the first person to say it. like i said im going to see what happens.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Offtopic discussion 2]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Offtopic discussion 2
improvedae86 Wrote:[quote="Eircamae86"]
Maybe go get your post count up on some rubbish Australian AE86 forum where people talk more about video games than working on there cars Wave
Who exactly do you thing you are, comming on here judging me, slagging off another site about its content, so you sign onto a site with more technical content & slag off a guys project.
Im not wasting any more space on this thread. PM me if you have anything else to say,

An 86 is for Life, not just for Christmas
03-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Offtopic discussion 2
dont worry too much about adam.

he knows his shit almost as well as he thinks he does, and it makes him more of a tard than ever.

he manages to alienate everyone around him and destroy any freindship he ever manages to sumble apon given enoug time.

Its a pity he is such a tard though, and that his approach to people is so abrasive, his knowledge and tech abilities are really fucking good.

He gets his thrills out of lording his knowledge over people. makes him feel important and clever. Apparently he needs this to compensate for other clear failings in his real world life?

Roco is building a kool car and having a great time doing it. Adam is just busy hating the world for not paying attention to him when he is SOOOO AWESOME Smile right?

Props to you old mate for building what you wanted and how you wanted Smile right or wrong its all for the fun right?

hey old mate eircamae86... might be able to make it to sundays hills run... we can talk about computer games yeah? Thumbs up!

clutch kick, switch, tree .... oowwww
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Offtopic discussion 2
improvedae86 is just a troll

Sorry for space waste

:wink:

Philip
03-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Offtopic discussion 2
Fantapants , Pat whatever your forum name is today why are you so defensive over a car forum where the fact is most members spend more time sweet talking each others egos a than working on there cars. It's amazing that you found the time to even come check for my posts here between the sucking up sessions.

Once again not everyone on the planet feels the need to sugar coat every single answer when the plan fact is so totally obvious to anyone in a healthy mental state. If that was beyond your level of consciousness it can be put as simply as if " the facts present themselfs " . Since a fact is knowledge based on real occurrences maybe if you had put a S series rear end into any vehicle you maybe could have added more to this or any thread with a discussion on the subject no matter how nice or abrasive you found the INFORMATION . But i feel since you are uncapable of holding any communication that isn't just cut and pasted from forum to forum the unassailable truth is you have no reason to post here but to waste everyone's time.

Maybe thats more harsh a effect than you feel my intention's to be a lord is Respect! and coming from one of the biggest poster's on the unmentioned where everybody thinks there a GOD forum it's nothing more than laughable. Off you go and post all your technical question's on DC , there's currently a S13 front into AE86 roll center thread that offer's nothing to the world apart from amusing kid's and make adults feel more stupid.

You two other irresponsible poster read above and if your going to follow the lack of intelligence shown in your comment's nobody will ever learn anything in this thread.

Now back to something relating to S series rear ends Hurray! Roco i am also wondering why there is a need for adding more squat ? Since the original suspension design has a large degree already built in. Most drag racing people with these rear ends have just spaced the subframe down by 10-20mm since running there cars at larger ride height's due to larger diameter tyres. My own 86 with it's around standard ride height subframe has no problems transmitting torque to traction. Around 750nm at the wheels there is no wheelspin on launching even tho is geometry is set for cornering at the cost of foward traction. By just adding stiffer spring's isn't this also just counteracting the point of adding the squat in the first place ?
03-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Offtopic discussion 2
Somehow I just got a deja-vu:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/83686#83686

I'm not going to judge upon technical knowledge about S series suspension swaps, but I am judging upon behaviour. improvedae86: I really think you could be a bit more open to other peoples opinions and appreciate other peoples values. What you are doing now is positioning yourself as the big know everything and maybe some people want to find it out their own way.

Someone that listens carefully, won't have to ask for it twice. Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Offtopic discussion 2]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Offtopic discussion 2
banpei Wrote:Somehow I just got a deja-vu:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/83686#83686

I'm not going to judge upon technical knowledge about S series suspension swaps, but I am judging upon behaviour. improvedae86: I really think you could be a bit more open to other peoples opinions and appreciate other peoples values. What you are doing now is positioning yourself as the big know everything and maybe some people want to find it out their own way.

Someone that listens carefully, won't have to ask for it twice. Wink

Respect! yeah i am getting Deja Vu

and what is your point Confused sorry i must haven't listened to you the first time so really won't be need to ask you anything twice Banging head
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offtopic discussion 1 improvedae86 15 14,334 03-13-2009 04:47 AM
Last Post: Mux213
  Offtopic Sale: HTC Diamond Touch Mobile Phone+GPS dikolotour 2 4,222 11-27-2008 07:15 PM
Last Post: alimonos
  AE80 discussion Blueneon 38 29,422 02-18-2007 04:01 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Offtopic offtopic offtopic GF thread... robokill 50 35,561 05-09-2006 03:49 PM
Last Post: Mux213