NL: Robert
08-20-2021, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2021 09:46 AM by r.ave.)
I might have a small addiction

I always wanted Watanabe's under my 86 whenever I would have one, almost immediately after I bought the 86 i got a set.
However with every car I have ever owned i can't resist to look for other great wheels and I happen to like the 80's and 90's wheels from Japan a lot.

So recently I got a bit too excited and ended up with these.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - NL: Robert]

1: Advan A3A 14*6 ET6 (Set)
2: Toms Igetta 14*6 ET16 (Set)
3: Ronal Kleeblatt 14*7 ET10 (Set)
4: Enkei Mesh 14*6.5 ET10 (Pair)
5: Dunlop LeMans 14*6 ET10 (Pair)

Also have
6: Watanabe 14*6.5/7 et? (on the car)
7: Black Racing 14*6.5 ET15/25 (Pair) (ex banpei)

So I might be selling some in the near future, but which? Huh

In the meantime some changes where done to the 86
- Engine got overhauled (end 2020) incl a pair of mild toda cams (on stock ecu)
- Fitted another gearbox as my 5th wasnt fresh anymore including a fresh clutchset
- Wilwood brake upgrade at the front
- Softer springs front and back for the BC coilover set as the standard spring are too stiff (F8kg/R6kg -> F6kg/R4.5kg)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
08-20-2021, 11:27 AM
That Ronal Kleeblat design is cool, looks similar to the old TRD wheels.
08-20-2021, 01:19 PM
I know what you're on about with the wheels thing Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
10-10-2022, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2022 03:17 PM by r.ave.)
Wow, didn't know there was already such a layer of dust to be found on my topic.

A lot of things have happened to the 86 in the past year since the last post.
- Wilwood brake upgrade
- Recaro Poleposition on Nisuba frames
- Hayashi Street II Refurbished
- Made the Exhaust quieter
- Upgraded oil cooling System
- Upgraded to a Koyorad radiator (original one was broken)

And some new experiences

- First time drifting (the 86 is actually my first RWD)

These pictures are made by a freind of mine who joined the last time i went drifting with Bozu and another 86 frined (not a member here) a few weeks ago

- Nurburgring Nordschleife with the 86 (have been there a few times in the past already)

10-10-2022, 08:29 PM
So you got the axle repaired in time for your trip to the Eifel?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2022, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2022 02:42 PM by r.ave.)
Yes it is solved, just didn't mention it as i wanted to see how my decision turns out...

As asked for in another topic, my diff was worn. It locked, sometimes, resulting in the following after a day of drifting.

So I decided to upgrade the LSD as repairing the old one to factory spec would be pricey as well. So I choose a 2-way diff from kaaz, which arrived after 3 days.
However, when taking the half shafts out, they found that i had Zenki shafts instead of Kouki shafts like I should have had.Banging head As the LSD was fitted with the diff already, this couldn't be returned.
So the search for the right shafts was started. This seemed to be impossible. So after contacting pretty much everyone here in the Netherlands without any result i contacted the dealership for some GR heritage parts. Its now 4 weeks later, still waiting for feedback and availability. Huh

Didn't want to buy from the US because of the lead time and customs and i needed my car back for last weekend as I had a trip planned to the Eiffel. So i had about 3-4 weeks tops.
Fortunately Group-D in Ireland had an Upgraded Weir kit underway to their warehouse and they could also supply the GR heritage parts. But I decided to go for the Weir 28mm kit upgrade as it would be better suited to get abused.
So bottom line, I had to sell some organs to finance this unplanned upgrades. But on the other hand, i'm ready for the next 10 years or so.

The new LSD is something I need to get used to, as it needs to be broken in. On the way to the Eiffel (about 300km) it made a lot of noise as if i was crushing some nuts and bolts in the diff.
However, it held great on the track (didn't really push it) and on the way back pretty much all disturbing sounds were gone. This week the diff oil will be replaced (as per the break in procedure) as i will be drifting this weekend again. Hurray!

10-14-2022, 03:33 PM
Very cool project, glad you got it running smoothly!
11-10-2022, 10:31 AM
Still struggling with front-end grip/balance but i'm getting there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robert in Japan EP Importers 1 4,364 06-22-2022 11:15 AM
Last Post: EP Importers