NEEED A LOT OF HELP & WORK !
07-03-2008, 06:20 AM
OK soo i just got a 1986 corolla single cam ,,, its reeeeal rusty, im talking all around,,, should i keep it or fix it up, then my rims are loose i know ,,wtf,,, the guy i bought it from put some washers on the lugnuts soo im kinda scerd to drive it at higher speeds cause they sound like they r gonna fall off... what kind of rims should i buy ??? then my breaks feel kinda flimzy i have to almost push them to the floor to stop ,,, or do i just need a brake change? and this is the big killer,,, the previous owner conected the batery ...the wrong way switched the - & + so now only things working are my hazard lights, horn headlights and thats it,,, wtf happened? fuses got blown but is that the only thing??? the car is completly dead, only if you push start it it runs but brake lights tale lights RPM speed nothing works !!!! soo i need some help ASAP soo thanks for reading this long ass ,,, thing
Find all posts by this user
07-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Hello,

Could you please use some punctuations and write a little bit more understandable because it's really hard to read your reply. :wink:

To answer some questions :

-Put a 4age in it and weld it up. How much rust does it have?

Maybe open a project here and show us some pics.

-If you are scared that your rims are gonna fall off ,why don't you tighten the lugnuts. Why did he put washers on the lugnuts.

My advice is : don't drive it until this problem is fixed or you're gonna end up losing a wheel(s) and put other people and yourself in danger.

-braking problem: change the brake fluid ,new brake pads and normally the problem is solved.

ハチロク

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - NEEED A LOT OF HELP & WORK !]
07-05-2008, 01:43 AM
hey thanks for the tips !
so about the rust , i think i would need to almost rebuild the whole body because theres literaly chunks of rusted metal falling off
The electrical is fine, it was only a fuse....
And the rims , i did tighten them but i still dont feel safe,,,, about the washers i have no idea why he put those on.
The pics i will work on probably next week to give you some idea of what kind of state the car is in Thumbs up!
07-05-2008, 09:51 AM
We've seen rusty hachis getting fixed up comletely, so let's see how bad it is. Tongue
Does it have the correct lugnuts then? Dumb question

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-07-2008, 09:09 PM
hm i dont think it does... i want to go to a mechanic to get it checked out, and another thing just poped up my idle is way too high, when im in neutral the engine runs on 2000 rpms, and when i want to turn the engine of after i turn the key its stalling, jumping chocking not turning off for a while,,, i been told to spray some WD40 on the choke,,,, i dont think thats gonna solve it or is it? and if not how do i set the idle so its normal?????
07-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Mad Max Wrote:2000rpms is not a problem. When i start my hachi it has the 2000rpm for about 4 min and when the engine is warmed up it goes to 1100/1300.
Yeah but you have a twincam with EFI. That one has a high RPM when its still cold to warm up the engine faster. Once warm the idle should drop.

With the 8v it's carbed and doesn't have this nifty feature asfar as I'm aware off. Sounds more like a badly setup carb. There is a good chance that if you have a mechanic look at the carb setup he can adjust it properly. The question then is. Did the previous owner set it up like this cause he didn't know what he was doing, or to 'hide' problems with the car running at a normal idle.

Try putting your wheels on without the washers. He probably put those on to get a nicer offset on the wheels or because he has a completely wrong offset set of wheels and they will hit the body work somewhere. You have a good chance though that the washers are just there for show.

Change the brake fluids and brake pads. Its an easy fix, just use DOT 4 or something, I'm sure you're not out racing your car. Make sure you check if you're rotors still look good. If they are groved you better replace them too, but thats a tad bit expensive.

As for the body work, post up some pics. Rust is a problem with these cars. A full rebuild to bring her back to life is a good idea seeing the worth of these cars these days, but if you have a shop doing that it could really add up to a large bill. If you have friends who can weld and do body work it will be worth fixing her up most likely.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
07-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Mux213 Wrote:
Mad Max Wrote:2000rpms is not a problem. When i start my hachi it has the 2000rpm for about 4 min and when the engine is warmed up it goes to 1100/1300.

Yeah but you have a twincam with EFI. That one has a high RPM when its still cold to warm up the engine faster. Once warm the idle should drop.

With the 8v it's carbed and doesn't have this nifty feature asfar as I'm aware off. Sounds more like a badly setup carb. There is a good chance that if you have a mechanic look at the carb setup he can adjust it properly. The question then is. Did the previous owner set it up like this cause he didn't know what he was doing, or to 'hide' problems with the car running at a normal idle.

Ha,I didn't knew that ,learned something new today. Cool

ハチロク

07-09-2008, 12:20 AM
the carb i will get checked out at the mechanic then. The washers are actually on the lugnuts, an when i tried to drive with the washers off,,,, its a suicide... wheels are all over the place steering is almost impossible and its loud, the car has stock rims, should i just have that chcecked out at the mechanic? so he can tighten them up or possibly even put on maybe proper set of lugnuts?
07-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Thats just really strange.... Sounds like the lugnuts are the wrong ones.. If they are properly tightened, the wheels should not be unstable. If the wheel can still move inward/outward after the lugnuts are on, something is really wrong.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
07-09-2008, 09:46 AM
if the wheel is unstable look for rust in the centrum ring where u put the wheel oon.. im not so good in english mechanical words so look for rust and be sure u put the wheel all in.

Don´t Think About The Past,
Live In The Present And
Dream About Tomorrow

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How seatbelt rails work? FanIsHere 2 4,237 05-18-2016 09:52 AM
Last Post: Bean
  my last work , Dentist needed filh 5 5,440 03-29-2013 07:47 AM
Last Post: assassin10000
  How does the 4age AFM system work? heshan 22 21,977 12-20-2012 05:01 AM
Last Post: heshan