NEED HELP
08-14-2006, 10:23 PM
NEED HELP
well no SR5 are being sold in US for less than 1000 euro's and its hard work getting everything swaped. A good engine is more rare than a good hachi Tongue Most engine lost their real power due to bad maintance

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
08-14-2006, 10:23 PM
NEED HELP
ae86tuner,

your car is rear wheel drive, its just that SR5 has an open diff, no LSD and it has drum brakes in the rear so need to swap the axle aswell..

you also seem to need a new windshield.. hmmm

but nice buy though, drive around with it first, SR5's aint bad to start with. There is a guy on here who swears by tuning SR5 engine's, there's even an SR5 turbo running around somewhere..

I would go for jamiemirrors option 2 in the long run thoughBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
08-14-2006, 10:24 PM
NEED HELP
AE86tuner Wrote:ok so what is the best swap and what is the easiest swap for my car?

so i am not rwd then?
08-14-2006, 10:27 PM
NEED HELP
AE86tuner Wrote:
AE86tuner Wrote:ok so what is the best swap and what is the easiest swap for my car?

so i am not rwd then?
You are RWD

SR5 and GTS both are RWD

SR5 doesn't have LSD, drumbrakes and has less powerfull 8valve carbed engine, thats allBig Grin

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

08-14-2006, 10:28 PM
NEED HELP
so swap wise, what would easy, and what would be the best.
08-14-2006, 10:29 PM
NEED HELP
i didn't even buy it,i traded the quest for this car plus 300 bucks. so i quess a WOOT is in order here?
08-14-2006, 10:35 PM
NEED HELP
ae86tuner,

well a carb to EFI swap is always troublesome because with EFI comes alot of wiring and all that sorta stuff.

The rear axle is supposed to be an easy swap, especially if you don't mind staying with drum brakes. You're really only interested in LSD and I heard drum brakes are better for drifting if you wanne use the e-brake anywaysBig Grin
It's finding an axle that is the hard part.

Engine wise. Well first thing you should do is find someone around who knows his stuff, you don't wanne start on an engine swap if you don't know what you are doing or if you have to rely on some local tuning shop. Best thing to do is to just start with the SR5 engine. If you know a little about carb tuning you can still do some stuff with the SR5, it won't win any drag races, but there are still some cheap options. DO a search on SR5 on the board and try and find that other guy in america who's got alot of SR5 tuning experience.

If you do know someone who knows his stuff about engine swaps, and you got the money to swap, best thing is what jamiemirror sais, go for the 4AG with carbs. Going with carbs means a whole lot less mongo jombo with wiring and shit, its just way more easy. You can just drop the engine in there, hook it all up and all you need is something to make sure the spark plugs get some juice at the right moments in time. There is loads of info out there on this stuff. The only real problem with a carbed 4AG is that the carbed setup itself aint cheap.

If you wanne go for the whole GTS swap and go fully EFI, make sure you just buy a wrecked GTS. Thats the only real way to do it unless you really know your stuff.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

08-14-2006, 10:36 PM
NEED HELP
Let me put it this way:

You NEED the rear axle...or else no LSD, this will give you a hard time going sideways.

You also need a 4AGE engine (not too difficult to obtain).
Want to keep it simple, get sidedraught carbs, want to make it fuel injected then you need the wiring looms, ECU, probably a fuelpump and upgraded fuel lines (SR5 stuff is not big enough).
It's not that hard at all if you put your mind to it.. but swapping stuff over from a wreck or something would make life a lot easier, that way you know where everything goes.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-14-2006, 10:37 PM
NEED HELP
AE86tuner Wrote:i didn't even buy it,i traded the quest for this car plus 300 bucks. so i quess a WOOT is in order here?
How much is the quest worth? and how much is an SR5 worth these days?

SR5 still go for a nice amount of money, not as much as a GTS but with GTS's getting more rare, it still drives the price of the SR5 up.

So if the SR5 drives good, and the only problem is that cracked windshield, you probably did a good buy.

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

08-14-2006, 11:32 PM
NEED HELP
well the carb needs rebuilt, which i have friend that will do it for free, and he know alot about carbs. so really find a 4ag motor, but the carb for it? or does it alredy come that? i am seaching but no find. i am learning alot form this forum so plz don't get mad at me from learing so much from u guys.
well right now getting sideways isn't really that high up there, but then again. Smile how much is the rear end? any shop carry them like a online store or do i have to do junkyard and forum hunting. Crying

what motor do i have right now? engine code.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help identifying this! takumi_mt 4 300 04-05-2024 09:17 AM
Last Post: takumi_mt
  TRD ECU need help ps13michi 5 2,806 02-18-2022 10:42 AM
Last Post: ps13michi
  Need some help DJexor 4 4,862 03-13-2018 05:37 PM
Last Post: pack
  JDM trueno not starting. need help! kazi 8 7,855 03-12-2017 05:05 PM
Last Post: kazi
  Stack display system, need help Jimmi The Kid 1 3,826 01-15-2017 10:52 PM