My idea, my love, my history
04-04-2008, 04:42 PM
if you EVER want to sell the suspension, if you still don't like it after the mods, will you let me know? Blush

Nice buy! Smile

"It's all about the heart, the people who focus on parts, turbo's and all that stuff...they're just losers."
-Shinji Minowa
Find all posts by this user
04-04-2008, 07:42 PM
get some apex srpigns around 4 kg which are fine. and count me in for the tokico's as well Smile

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
04-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi everyone!

Today only good news Smile

I've repaired the damper, and I adjust the suspension.
I maked it 5 turns and its really surprisingly good! It's stiff but works on wholes. I wont change it now its really good!

so info for you guys: dont EXCITE to much, It stays with me!!Big Grin

I've changed intake filter - old looked like after WW2. Incredibly dirty and ulgy. Immediately i felt the difference - now car can breath normaly!
After that I washed the engine.....(pic before cleaning)

Somewhere near header came out a hole - a little of exhaust gases gets to the cabin and it has nice sound Smile I'll do it in next week when I'll get back home.

Mux say the truth to the people - when have you cleaned the interior? I got black like coalminer after cleaning it Wink

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

AE86! love love love!
Hankiewicz Rally Team
04-04-2008, 09:44 PM
http://www.allegro.pl/item335763190_refl...lampa.html

take a look on that: does it fits to ae86?

AE86! love love love!
Hankiewicz Rally Team
04-04-2008, 10:08 PM
nope..

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2008, 10:49 PM
WP,

Told you the tokico's are good quality! Smile

Great that you changed the filter, that was indeed long overdue, its been on the car for well over 4 years.

Hmm, a hole in the header? Thats not good. Well you got the OBX header so that should fix it up nicely. The header is still the original one and I never removed it.

You should dyno it when you get the header on. Even with the old filter and the current exhaust last time I dyno'ed it, I got some real nice figures. Though everyone still claims that it must be the dyno that was wrong Smile

As for cleaning, Uhm cleaning? what is cleaning?
I actually tried to clean the interior a little before you came round, the cleaner I used just ended up leaving a bit of a white rash on the seats, cleaning was never my thing, Djexor will tell you he has knocked me on the head everytime we meet because I don't clean my car.

I build you a car with good suspension (albeit small problem with one shock install :shameSmile. Much more valuable then a clean car Tongue

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Thumbs up!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Today was my first day on wet tarmac! OH SHIT! It was big fun and hard job!

60-80km/h, one touch of steering wheel, soft touch of gas and 200m slide
i know that tyres are in medium condition but its loosing grip so lightly!
it's fantastic car, gives big pleasure, big negatives are small problem with controlling wheels/steering wheel but I'll change it.

I went for 1hour drive around the city, and I cant loose smile from my face! I think I wont sleep tonight

My idea for interior was whole black/grey but dash board and else are blue. Any one want to change?Or any one is selling his black set?

AE86! love love love!
Hankiewicz Rally Team
04-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Paul,

Good to hear that you're having so much fun. I never dared take her out for some serious drifting fun. Here on the streets the chance of hi fines or loosing your license meant, and drifting events are either far away, or expensive.

The easyness to slide has more to do with the suspension setup, camber (did you adjust that to normal yet?) and the fact that you are driving a hachi then with the tires. From the time I got it, to when I sold it to you, a lot of work went into improving the grip on the front, but as a result, its easier to slide out the back by overpowering or shifting the balance of the car.

When I first got it, it wouldn't slide the rear out at all, especially when the tires were bad, you would be shouting about how much understeer you have with the car Smile Read my first posts on the forum and how frustrated I was with the car always under steering on short track.

These are actually the best tires I've had on my cars since I got it. It proved its worth over and over on the track. Try Yokodrama tires, then you know what sliding is. Smile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-08-2008, 06:08 PM
for inperfections in bad roads (i imagine its the same crappy roads in warsaw that we have here in slovenia) the best solution is progressive springs. since you have adjustable hight already, you might be able to squeeze in a litlle soft spring with about 4 or so flat type coils very close to each other, like they use in rally cars.. or just get new progressive springs.

For smooth racetrack the best is non-progressive but as soon as you go rallying or drive on bumpy street roads you almost need that. my friend used to race in rallies and hillclimb and he said, that when he tried non-progressive type springs, he didn't dare to push the car at all on hillclimb/tarmac rally as it was loosing grip over bumps in the road and the car was very dangerous to drive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  swap idea. mr4deadcrow 3 4,757 01-02-2009 01:26 PM
Last Post: Roger