Led conversion
01-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Led conversion
everyone has his own taste. Lets keep it that way. I like xenon headlights but te conversion is no longer allowed in NL. Only cars which where deliverd with it are ok for MOT.

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
Find all posts by this user
01-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Led conversion
dAYTONA Wrote:LED's light up faster, meaning when you press the brakes, the car behind you sees you stopping earlier, which in some cases can save you from beaing rear-ended.

Ahh come on dude, thats a matter of crilli-milli-seconds - and if its the lightup time between ordinary lightbulbs and LEDs is a part of the equasion, your gonna be rear-ended anyways. The car behind you would simply be to close...

My point is, that LEDs would look totally out of place on a Hachi, because of its age. Its not a matter of me, not wanting to add new tecnologies to an old car, its a matter of keeping an apperance similar to the age of the car.

And as said before; The difference in time from brakeswitch is activated to lights go on, bulb or LED, is so tiny that it isnt worth thinking about.
If you really think its that important, what about the switch and wiring? You can get better switches and wiring that carrys the current better :wink:

Youtube Myspace and I´ll Google your Yahoo
01-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Led conversion
pedro-siR Wrote:but dAYTONA has a point. let's not use synthetic oil because it's new techonogly, and old cars are meant to use old technology... :wink:

I just like the LEDS, and also XENON. And in the future I will have both on my car Thumbs up!

peace.

dAYTONA made important mistake. Most Mazda wankel engines died due to synth. oil use instead of mineral one. If mineral oil is better in my particular case - I will use it.
LEDs and XENONs are "advanced" these days. But cheap ones often are poorly built and problematic - if you buy expensive kits from reputable manufacturer - why not ? Working classic light bulbs are better that problematic cheap "new tech" just because they WORK - that is the problem here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Led conversion
robokill Wrote:everyone has his own taste. Lets keep it that way. I like xenon headlights but te conversion is no longer allowed in NL. Only cars which where deliverd with it are ok for MOT.

wetgeving NL:
- Auto's van voor 2006 waarbij reeds xenon is aangebracht, of alsnog wordt aangebracht, zijn uitgezonderd van de nieuwe eisen!
- Auto’s met een kenteken van 2005 of ouder, hoeven niet, zoals aanvankelijk de bedoeling was van het ministerie van Verkeer, aan de nieuwe regels te voldoen.

Should be a legal modification...

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Led conversion]
5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
01-22-2007, 02:19 AM
Led conversion
It is possible to re wire your lights to have a brighter bulb, without switching to LED or Xenon. I have seen it done.

Also, i found the brightness of my headlights was greatly improved by taking the plastic cover off and cleaning out the 22 year old dirt Confused Smile
01-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Led conversion
yeah, let's leave it as is... to each it's own taste Smile

PEACE.

Pedro Velado
GT-S Owner

01-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Led conversion
did a xenon conversion yesterday on my cousins civic. It brings so much more brightness!
Only thing he forgot before he bought it was to look at the difference between xenon en bi-xenon... so now he don't have big beam lights Banging head

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
01-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Led conversion
jammiemirror : due to this being aeu86.org and not rotaries.org I made no mistake. I am not talking about rotaries in this post. I am talking about ae86's.

rotaries are best run with pre-mix anyway, because if the oil injection fails you won't have a runnig motor...

and if the engine is worn out, then there is no point using synthetic oil, is there? mineral WILL be better in that case. And for any other motor thats done high km's on mineral oil.. but that wasn't the intention of my post.

Knudsen: yeah true, milliseconds, but still ;-)

Still I'm thinking of a xenon conversion to get more light up front, without adding ciebie driving lights onto the front of the 86 like the guys from Ireland do ;-)

Always remember: Rev it till it blows, then back off a bit...
Zenkis - Orange, Red/Black, Silver/Black, Maroon/Blue
Koukis - Red, Silver/Gray,
01-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Led conversion
Quote:you could also say we should not use the latest available Synthetic oils, and use mineral oil, which were available in the 80's...
dAYTONA, this is what I meant "wrong thinking". This is not related to year of production etc. etc.
01-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Led conversion
just FYI:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/s...duct=OTHER

cheaper to make, than those $500+ lights i guess.

Pedro Velado
GT-S Owner

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20V conversion tutorial needed heshan 1 2,740 04-02-2009 03:23 PM
Last Post: heshan
  banpei's conversion ;) DJexor 10 10,179 07-06-2007 03:25 PM
Last Post: adomz