LSD Question
01-24-2007, 01:08 AM
LSD Question
Hi,

Do You have any experience with Cusco LSD?
Which type do You recommend? MZ or RS?
As Cusco says - RS has low initial torque because of special absorbing springs. MZ uses cone plates. Has a better response and comes stronger.

UR opinion wanted...

IF Carlsberg made an AE86, then it would be propably the best car in the world...
Find all posts by this user
01-24-2007, 02:54 AM
LSD Question
for drifting ? get a simpel trd 2 way diff and your done

Cars:
"99 Lexus IS200
"86 AE86 Kouki Panda Levin GT-Apex (restore project)
"84 AE86 Zenki Blue Levin (project racer)
Motorcycles:
"02 Yamaha R1
"02 Honda Hornet S
"08 BMW R1200GS
01-24-2007, 09:39 AM
LSD Question
I have a Cusco 1,5 ways type rs in my car and a friend have a 2ways MZ in her sw20.... RS is more soft in the inital work, but is more noisy, whe are working are the same...

Regards!

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - LSD Question]
01-24-2007, 10:32 PM
LSD Question
thanks for advices...I think that RS is better option for N/A 86...

Cheers!

IF Carlsberg made an AE86, then it would be propably the best car in the world...
01-24-2007, 10:49 PM
LSD Question
Hey, can anybody explain me what MZ or RS is? Confused
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
LSD Question
the best explain is here:

http://www.cusco.co.jp/english/e_lsd.html

Regards

01-26-2007, 01:03 AM
LSD Question
zounds Wrote:Hey, can anybody explain me what MZ or RS is? Confused

MZ = harsh engagement - will disengage if no torque is applied

RS = softer engagement - always lightly engaged.

The MZ design is such that as soon as you apply torque/power the plates are creating friction and causing the amount of slippage between the two axles to become less and less with the more torque/power applied. When you are off throttle there is little to NO lsd lock/grip action. The MZ is more of an on/off instant change in traction.

The RS design is always engaged, even off throttle in parking lot manuevers. The springs allow the clutch plates to always have a small amount of engagement so it's not an abrubt change midcorner/throttle control. Much smoother to drive and supposedly better for both grip and drift as it allows smoother footwork/throttle control with less chance of upsetting the balance of the car through abrubt changes in rear traction mid corner/drift (at least from what I gather.)

Both the MZ & the RS use the same clutchplates - overall amount of lock/grip should be equal at full engagment.

I have a 2way RS and I am very happy with it in my ae86. It's quiet, smooth and very good engagement when I apply power.

Note: the only reason an RS would be more noisy than an MZ would have to do with the fluid & amount of friction modifier in the diff. The ONLY time my RS made noise is when I put fluid in without lsd additive/friction modifier. Only backed out of the driveway before I realized I needed to put some in or change the fluid.

Since then I've experimented with different fluids (valvoline, redline, amsoil, mobil1 & lastly Motul) and I find the best fluid with the proper (IMHO) amount of modifier already added is Motul PA90 gear oil. No noise & great engagment with plenty of protection.

Andrew
01-26-2007, 02:11 AM
LSD Question
I have 1,5 way RS and make a lot of noise when turn and It isn´t engagend.... make a clack clack.... may be my LSD is to much new.... but I know other Cusco whit this noise and have a lot of Km.... is a poltergueist Big Grin But my LSD work fine, no problems.

I had motul 90pa in the correct level!

Regards

01-26-2007, 02:21 AM
LSD Question
Abe Wrote:I have 1,5 way RS and make a lot of noise when turn and It isn´t engagend.... make a clack clack.... may be my LSD is to much new.... but I know other Cusco whit this noise and have a lot of Km.... is a poltergueist Big Grin But my LSD work fine, no problems.

I had motul 90pa in the correct level!

Regards

Really? Thats weird.

If it's brand new did you do the correct break-in by doing figure eights in a parking lot for 30-40minutes? Then changing the fluid?

Andrew
01-26-2007, 02:34 AM
LSD Question
yes of course, i had 50 mins break in, and 800km with low gas in turns change de first fluid whit 300km second fluid whit 2500km third at 8000km and now have 3000km more.... My lsd had 11000km aproximate..... I know more LSD whit the same noise, this is no problem... It work fine really..... only makes noise when starts to engage, turn and whit low gas.... (parking for example).

Regards

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OEM LSD Question heshan 26 19,860 07-19-2014 08:18 AM
Last Post: heshan
  Upgrading no-LSD diff to LSD one Snejk 22 16,614 04-01-2008 04:46 PM
Last Post: Snejk
  LSD question senna 3 3,612 09-25-2007 07:32 AM
Last Post: senna
  LSD question evfan42 5 4,586 07-17-2007 05:55 PM