Jezza_HR AE86 Project Thread
04-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Time to start my Project thread I think. I will show you guys the first major update to my car, be prepared to laugh at these. They are the springs that I managed to take off my car yesterday in exchange for fensport 35mm lowering springs. The cars handling has now transformed and I can use speed bumps

Hurray!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
04-04-2005, 10:42 AM
ohh man.... Crying ...looking at those pieces of metal... Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

nice work!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2005, 10:48 AM
The car shall be going in for welding tomorrow if my brother can fit me in (fingers crossed) the guy who will be doing the welding used to do welding for Toyota in Ireland and has worked on hundreds of hachi's, so i'm confident he will do a good job. Then once that is done he will be putting on my new panhard rod and will be machine polishing my wheels Thumbs up!
04-04-2005, 10:57 AM
looks like it's a really nice project you got there man!
;]
really looking forward to see that, when i say to see, i mean it in real life...;D
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Right ok. I have been trying so hard to get my welding done but after a few snags it has not been possible to get the car done at my brothers workshop, so i've booked it in locally with a respectable welder with a quote of £350 to do:

The boot floor
Rear shock turret
Front shock turret
Offside sill and
The lateral rod mount.

I'm quite happy about this after some idiots have told me to scrap the car and not bother with it or pay between £1000 and £1500 for them to do the work. Luckily the guy I am taking it to realises the cars potential and rarity so is more than happy to do the work. He even went to the bother to explain how he wil do it and even gave me some decent advice on a new camera for my project and a cheap and effective way to turn my phone into a sat nav system.

However my car did have a nice polish and the wheels are looking lovely
04-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Here's some new piccies including my polished wheels and new ride height.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Jezza, glad to hear you found a good person to do the work. Good luck with it, make sure you post loads of pictures of the workSmile

Greetz,

Bastiaan "mux213" Olij

Moved down under, no more hachi Sad
04-19-2005, 07:16 PM
mux213 Wrote:Jezza, glad to hear you found a good person to do the work. Good luck with it, make sure you post loads of pictures of the workSmile

Will do :wink: I will be happy to post before and afer comparisons and will show you how the boot floor looks after our good friend POR15 gets its way with it. I will also be painting and coating the rear axle in good time ready for its new bushing set to celebrate the lateral rod finally finding its place under the car Hurray!
04-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey Jezza what kind of cell phone u have? if it's a Sony Ericsson P900 tell us the "secrets" too... Respect!

AE86 FANATIC!!!
04-19-2005, 10:08 PM
No it's a symbian phone (N-Gage Blush ) and all you need is to buy the software (found on ebay as mobile route finder) and a bluetooth comaptible GPS device. It's particularly useful for bike riders too as you can do it via an earpiece for directions. I'm sure that there is a program out there somewhere for the Sony Ericssons too but I havent really looked.