JDM GT-Apex Trueno in the Alps #
05-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Some news about the car!

Seats are back from the upholsterer and they look and feel fucking fantastic! Hard to express how happy I am with the result. When I first saw the seats at the workshop, I was a bit skeptical of the color, but turns out that the strong orange/red and the perfect brown color matches very well with the car once installed. Here's some impressions:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - JDM GT-Apex Trueno in the Alps #]

Furthermore, I've cleaned the exterior entirely and did a polish of it (all clear coat's in place except trunk lid and upper door arches - will have to figure out what to do with those eventually). I did remove the spoiler and found a nice cake of dust under it, which I removed. Only one of the nubs broke, so it's all good still.

And I've gotten a quote on oldtimer car insurance, actually a really good price for all-risk coverage and liability, plus I can insure it before I pass inspection. That means even moving it around for tests is covered.

Lastly, I've talked to the local inspection office - in my canton it's possible to get the daily license plates even though the car has not been inspected ever - and it's totally legal! That means I'll join in on the Japan Classic meetup this year already! I'm really hyped about it.

(03-30-2017 12:24 PM)kazi Wrote:  did you have any luck finding this decal? I'm after the same one for my JDM Trueno except the hole 'Toyota Sprinter Trueno'. But all i can find it the late spec

If you have any more pics of the complete decal and can get sizing i can see about getting some made, just hard to get measurement of them.

Love the car, looks super clean.
Going to bring a ruler next time I go to the car, forgot about it the last couple times to bring one and was always reminded by the nice decal when I was there. I need a fresh one as well.
I'll post an SVG/PDF in the proper sizing of it once I've measured it.
Find all posts by this user
05-07-2017, 05:49 PM
The seats look amazing.

ハチロク

05-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Wow! Those seats really look stunning! Almost better than new!
About the one-day license: that is great news! I wish there was such an arrangement in the Netherlands. That way I would be able to move the car around once in a while before registration and get it properly cleaned! Wink

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-22-2017, 06:57 PM
Some news from me!

I cleaned the car and brought it to the Japan-Classic meet in Bleienbach Switzerland. Weather was great and there were a ton of cars to look at and many nice people to talk to. As expected, there were quite a few people who were very interested in my 86. The organizers even asked me to present the car. Here's some impressions from the meet:

I also met a guy there that has imported a German 86 and has gone through se same issues as me. He will be able to provide me with some extra info regarding the changes he had to make.
05-22-2017, 10:45 PM
Wow! Good looking and great to see you finally were able to drive the hachi!
That Cherry in the background of the first photo...it looks so mini-hakosuka! Smile

A question about your Advans: what is the width/offset of those? And what tire size are you using?

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
05-23-2017, 08:51 PM
(05-22-2017 10:45 PM)banpei Wrote:  Wow! Good looking and great to see you finally were able to drive the hachi!
That Cherry in the background of the first photo...it looks so mini-hakosuka! Smile

A question about your Advans: what is the width/offset of those? And what tire size are you using?
That cherry does indeed look like an old Skyline! And being a racecar, the tech is pretty amazing.

I don't know offset and width of the wheels, but I think it's the rather narrow 6.5 inch ones. Tires are 185/65 R14 Nankang NS2R semi-slicks, those are amazing.
06-30-2017, 11:06 PM
looks fantastic so far

Haaatschi! - Gesundheit!
07-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Damn the seats loods amazing!! Were did you go for it?

5/2018 BMW F22 Coupe
1/1985 Toyota AE86 Levin Coupe
07-04-2017, 11:28 PM
(07-01-2017 07:45 PM)DJexor Wrote:  Damn the seats loods amazing!! Were did you go for it?
Went to a professional upholsterer here in Switzerland: http://www.haag-plast.ch
Expensive, but totally worth it. The seats feel amazing to sit in now and look better than new.

Got in touch with chip-racing.ch for a competent partner in the mods needed to get the car homologated. Will go there next week or so.
07-05-2017, 11:38 PM
Roman is an OK guy, hope he can help you for a reasonable price.

AE86 ex-daily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JDM JZA80 in the Alps decryphe 15 7,647 07-12-2022 05:35 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Wanted: JDM zenki trueno bumper (with JDM bumper lights) gh0st 0 1,753 10-07-2021 04:08 PM
Last Post: gh0st
  Toyota Sprinter AE86 GT-Apex Trueno Skyracer 222 252,734 08-13-2016 12:46 PM
Last Post: Skyracer
  White Kouki Levin Coupe GT-APEX ++As original as possible++ asw 24 40,356 12-28-2010 10:33 AM
Last Post: worholm
  Shinobi-Kun's Kouki Monster TODA GT-APEX LEVIN shinobi 13 16,186 06-23-2008 01:35 AM
Last Post: shinobi