Ivan's coupe, [doing some upholstery]
06-12-2021, 11:18 PM
That rear seat looks like really good, when you looked at fabrics, did you come across any that looked like the Black interior ?

Need a full interior Wink

Restoring my AE86, all the way... Going JDM style Big Grin
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic/ae86/p/150463#150463
Find all posts by this user
06-13-2021, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2021 02:36 PM by Ivan141.)
Nope, it's more difficult to find something close to the non-plain velours. I know it's possible to source something close because
AE86PreservationSociety (a more professional 86 upholsterer) posted up something that looks quite similar, but I havent come across anything
similar so far myself.

Got the rear bench done. As first attempts go, it's not too bad, but I did mess up a bit. The bench top ended up a few cm's too wide, causing me to run out of side bolster around the ends left & right. Just took it on the chin because I didnt want to pick it all apart again, it was quite a task to put together. I suspect this also causes the slight looseness around the seams at the front. Will know to look out for this next time.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe, [doing some upholstery]]

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-14-2021, 09:51 PM
Great going and it looks very nicely done! Thumbs up!
I haven't heard from the AE86PreservationSociety before, but they sure have interesting tutorials on their Youtube channel!

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Ivan's coupe, [doing some upholstery]]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user