EDIT* AE86 Swaps
12-19-2006, 09:34 AM
EDIT* AE86 Swaps
You're buying them second hand, so there really is no way of knowing if they have been taken care of or not, is there?

I believe that its the same shit as with the CA18DETs, take care of em and they'll last forever. But once you have a single failure, lots of things go wrong and you'll never see the end of your troubles.

The thing I don't get is why it needs to be something different? Who are you trying to impress? Us forum nerds around the world? Would be way easier to just fake a couple of pictures and call it a day. Reality is HP = HP, differences between a 4A-GE turbo setup and an S2000 engine are definately there, but the difference is MUCH smaller then between any of these engines and a stock 4A-GE. Just build something and go out and drive. Far more impressive project cars standing still in garages then actually driving on the road.

Edit: the above part might sound a bit harsh, but its not ment that way. Its just my special way of expressing myself.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
12-19-2006, 02:25 PM
EDIT* AE86 Swaps
Rotaries are reliable... untill the day you need to rebuild it ;-) nice simple engines, less moving parts than in a piston engine, less parts all together actually...

For a race car, where you have sponsorship, roataries are cool... but for an everyday car with lots of power, I'd pass, unless I could afford and bear with the hassle of 40,000km full rebuilds.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - EDIT* AE86 Swaps]
Always remember: Rev it till it blows, then back off a bit...
Zenkis - Orange, Red/Black, Silver/Black, Maroon/Blue
Koukis - Red, Silver/Gray,
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspension swaps from other cars ? Okami 5 5,126 01-15-2012 04:49 PM
Last Post: ditn
  Let's Discuss Engine Swaps for the Budget User! generalachoo 20 13,883 03-12-2008 12:57 AM
Last Post: generalachoo