Poll: I do prefer ...
buying an old rusty Hachi that I can improove to my taste
shiny, clean, reliable AE86 in mint condition, I can ride anytime I want
[Show Results]

Bevore ... and now!
07-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Bevore ... and now!
Choose please only one picture, which is saying it - what piece of scrap you bought before and what you made out of it!

Can I use the chance and make some statistics about your decision? Are you regreting it?

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2006, 11:29 PM
Bevore ... and now!
Oh sweet memories Thumbs up! ... ok I start it, the way I ment it Smile.

This is what I bought (without even seing it on picture):
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bevore ... and now!]

This was born 3 months after:

Short story around it: I live in Germany, my parents in Bulgaria had to travel and buy an old rusty car with broken windshield, been seen from a friend of me only (Jamie) ... very difficult to convince them I'm still the person they know Dumb question . Now after changing the outfit drastically, the story has the best end, because they are just in love with it Hurray!.

"..el camino's aren't supposed to make sense, craziness is what makes the world go around." - Car & Driver, 1984
08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Bevore ... and now!
did that car also had PGL on it??

I was thinking of importing a Hachi whith a broken windshield and TGL my friend Jammiemirror found...

Is this tha same car???

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Bevore ... and now!] http://www.jdmbits.com
08-01-2006, 05:17 AM
Bevore ... and now!
wow your lucky man i had mine for over a year now and it's still rusty lol

Find all posts by this user
08-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Bevore ... and now!
I own one that is rusty and I can improve to my own taste, looking back on it I would have rather bought a shiny one and improve that... saves soooo much effort, and most of all: money. I wouldnt have learned as much about working on cars if I hadnt bought it though, the ae86 has been an education.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
08-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Bevore ... and now!
No nmwisima, this is not the same car. I found El Camino's car ~4 months before "yours". El Camino one was in much worse condition (also lower priced) - "yours" had a fresh paint also.
Back to the topic - if there was option "both" - I will choose it :wink:
08-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Bevore ... and now!
Hey boys Wave, I will be really happy somebody to post a car uglier than my one when I bought it Dumb question

Nmwsima, I will never "forget and forgive" Evil Jamie asking me to sell the car to "some greek friends" :wink:.

08-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Bevore ... and now!
Shiny car all the way..that means you can actually invest all your time and money in the nice goodies, instead of another set of arches, sills, weldjobs etc..

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
08-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Bevore ... and now!
Didnt I mention that the market price of the shiny car is about 4 to 10 times more than the scrapy one? Tongue
So you can save time and money, but also have to accept some things "as is" unless you want to pay for something you will want to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looks like Yahoo Auctions is off limits now Power_uP 13 4,725 06-14-2022 04:22 PM
Last Post: banpei
  Need Opinion NOW! Grid-V which color??????? nmwisima 52 56,012 03-09-2011 08:56 PM
Last Post: nmwisima
  AW11 sold! Now i need a substitute... wouter86 6 6,278 12-19-2006 12:12 PM
Last Post: johnny_and
  Why my Red/Black hachi will be used for spares Now for sale! peter møller 16 14,261 05-11-2005 02:50 AM
Last Post: Jezza_hr
  LSD now mounted in the bimmer + Drift footage! :D Widar 31 24,014 04-01-2005 04:00 PM
Last Post: adomz