Banpeis project
12-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Banpeis project
That's exactly what I use for a spare....an original multi spoke alloy (14")...cant expect to get home on one of those little things when you need to drive long distances..

BTW, lets stop the spare tyre talk ...this is supposed to be a project thread. Evil

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Banpeis project
mr monster Wrote:check the taillight seals,pour some water down the water channel and see what happens
Newspapers did their job well: it's my left-taillight. Undecided
Time to remove them, see what the problem is. If it's the rubber: hopefully a bit of vaseline will fix the softness of the rubber. Smile
Otherwise some silicone kit would help as well. Smile

1982 - TA60 Carina 4dr sedan - fun cruiser
1983 - AE86 Sprinter Trueno - import project
2013 - Honda Civic sport - daily driver
2004 - AEU86 dot ORG - daily domain

Support our forum, buy from the AEU86 shop:
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Banpeis project]
12-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Banpeis project
Hmmm, couldn't get my taillight off: it seems to be stuck. Anyone a good idea how to remove them properly (without force)? Dumb question
Tried to fix the problem by using silicone kit between the old (worn) rubber and the bodywork. Not too good solution though... There is still a gap, but difference the gap is filled now. Undecided

12-18-2005, 01:47 AM
Banpeis project
You have to uncrew ALL bolts, dont know about the coupe but in the hatch there are more than you can say with your first look.

If you do find em all un uncrew them, just take a small hummer and gently hit the bolts each one at a time.

They will move for sure.

Then you can get new seal from specialty store.

danielvanderwoude Wrote:looks like the nmwisima joke saved you in the end
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Banpeis project] http://www.jdmbits.com
12-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Banpeis project
There are 3 bolts above, 3 under, and then you have to unscrev the corner light i think.. or something like that..
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Banpeis project
I unscrewed a total of 8 bolts and used a hammer (gently) to remove it, but it wouldn't budge at all. So perhaps the rubber is too worn out and it glues the light to the body. Dumb question
Better wait for the new seal then. Wink

01-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Banpeis project
Since my hachi still has the same problem as before: [pwr] light does not light up I suspect the vacum sensor is defective. I did try to measure the output of the sensor, but grounding of the sensor is rusted and after removing rust it didn't give me any clue if it worked or not. Since my car is due for MOT I want to have it fixed beforhand. So I went to the local Toyota dealer today, but the price of the sensor is too high for just experimenting with a part. Undecided

So I'm looking for a second hand sensor:
http://www.aeu86.org/viewtopic.php?p=35680#35680

I also ordered one set of the rubber seals for my taillights. They cost a fortune! Huh
I'll try to have them copied and see if we can get the price a bit lower. Wink

01-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Banpeis project
Why would you want a pwr sensor? Its pretty useless anyway and not a requirement for the MOT..other then operating that little light it doesn't do anything else.

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
Find all posts by this user
01-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Banpeis project
NoHachi Wrote:Why would you want a pwr sensor? Its pretty useless anyway and not a requirement for the MOT..other then operating that little light it doesn't do anything else.
No, it's not I want the indicator to work: the indicator is just an indication something is non-functional.

It's more that I'm concerned about the exaustfumes test: the butterflies stay open if the sensor is non-functional and thus consuming more fuel. Also the engine should run better in lower rpms

01-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Banpeis project
You're wrong there Banpei... the vacuum sensor is a separate unit that does nothing else but switch the light in your dash. The TVIS butterflies are operated by the ECU and open at a specific RPM (around 4000). They are powered by vacuum. But only in the sense that the vacuum is used to pull them shut under 4k rpm. So your faulty power/econ switch is really nothing to worry about.
How do you know the butterflies are always open? If you suspect something is wrong with them then you should look at the actuator (under the intake manifold). See if the connector is in place making good contact, and check (or just replace since it's cheap anyway) the vacuum lines going to it.
From what I've read from people who removed TVIS it really doesnt make that much of an impact on performance/fuel consumption...just a little less torque.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!