B Tune Swift Front & Rear Springs
05-30-2006, 11:02 AM
I was searching for those kinds of springs, to replace the stock ones. Does anybody have some information or feedback about those springs?

B Tune Swift Front & Rear Springs Toyota Corolla AE86
Application: Toyota Corolla AE86 85-87
OEM Replacement Performance Springs for the Toyota Corolla AE86 85-87

Spring Rate: Front - 8.0 Kg/mm Rear- 7.0 Kg/mm

These performance lowering springs are made with H5S.TW material. These springs are designed uniquely for each application. The goal for these springs is to maximize the handling performance. The center of gravity is lowered but not to the point where it causes a negative effect with the stock geometry of the suspension. While some spring are designed to lower the car, Swift's are designed to maximize the performance without sacrificing the comfort.

Read more here
http://www.driftfactory.com/product_info...cf05e8480e

Fun is not the straight line!
Find all posts by this user
05-30-2006, 11:39 AM
They are supposedly very good springs.. Rideheight should be similar to TRD springs, and it's guaranteed to rattle your teeth loose on bumpy roads with those springrates :wink:

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-30-2006, 12:01 PM
I’m very suspicious about those springs. It’s just to good to be true. With those springs I don’t need to put coil-overs. But… How they manage to do 8kg/mm spring rate and make it replaceable with the stock ones? With 8kg/mm spring rate those springs are suppose to be very short in length if you compare them with stock ones. The stock front spring rate is around 2,1 kg/mm. Ebibach springs are only 30% stiffer. But those springs are 4 times!!! stiffer than stock, I just don’t believe that they are replaceable with the stock springs with out other modifications.

05-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I never thought they implied that they where stock length... You're not going to find any spring that has stock length & high spring rate that wont actually raise your car to higher than stock position. At least I havent seen any yet.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:I never thought they implied that they where stock length... You're not going to find any spring that has stock length & high spring rate that wont actually raise your car to higher than stock position. At least I havent seen any yet.

Exactly!
But if they say that “those springs are stock replaceable” they should be in compliance with long-stroke shocks and I just don’t believe they are. I will try to find somebody who has those springs.

05-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Max they are... The length of the springs is totally irrelevant..What is important is the rideheight that the car ends up at..which is a combination of springrate/length and car weight. So they might very well be "stock rideheight" even if their uncompressed length is shorter.

That doesn't mean you can use them with stock shocks though! These puppies are right out there at the limit of what koni-yellows can handle. With stock shocks you will have a downright nasty and dangerous handling car and you'll probably blow them within 10.000km's

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
05-30-2006, 01:50 PM
NoHachi Wrote:Max they are... The length of the springs is totally irrelevant..What is important is the rideheight that the car ends up at..which is a combination of springrate/length and car weight. So they might very well be "stock rideheight" even if their uncompressed length is shorter.

That doesn't mean you can use them with stock shocks though! These puppies are right out there at the limit of what koni-yellows can handle. With stock shocks you will have a downright nasty and dangerous handling car and you'll probably blow them within 10.000km's

I understand what you are trying to tell me. It’s not the problem of ride height or spring rate or shocks... Only one thing worries me: that this spring will have free play in full shock extension. I’m talking about stock long-stroke shocks. I have yellow adjustable conis on my Hachi but they are long-stroke AE86 conis, not AE92 short-stroke. Once, I made a custom 8kg/mm springs but those springs had approx. 4 cm of free play in full strut extension and I don’t like this.

05-30-2006, 02:26 PM
You could try having custom springs wound with a number of very closely spaced windings. This will give you an area on your spring with very low springrate that will let the car sit a bit lower but still keep the spring captive at full extension. The trouble is that you would need a lot of these windings if you want 8kg/mm, leaving the part of the spring that does all the work with little travel.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
05-30-2006, 02:34 PM
I just sent an email to their salesman to give me the length of uncompressed front spring. Those springs are pretty expensive, around 370$, so I want to be sure before ordering

05-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Ivan141 Wrote:You could try having custom springs wound with a number of very closely spaced windings. This will give you an area on your spring with very low springrate that will let the car sit a bit lower but still keep the spring captive at full extension. The trouble is that you would need a lot of these windings if you want 8kg/mm, leaving the part of the spring that does all the work with little travel.

Yes, you’re right about custom springs. But, it’s very hard to make it right from one go, especially if you don’t have coil-overs to correct the desirable ride height. You have to put them on several times and to fix them again and again every time to achieve perfection. It takes time and money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HKS valve springs totta Crolla 3 1,577 05-25-2022 10:24 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy
  Springs from other vehicles?? FanIsHere 16 13,066 05-17-2016 09:12 AM
Last Post: FanIsHere
  S13 Front brakes in AE86 rear heshan 25 25,955 02-01-2014 12:37 PM
Last Post: heshan
  3rd door support gas springs (stay) - worn out max_ae86 5 5,644 09-01-2013 03:20 PM
Last Post: Jezza_hr
  Valve springs length Vil 4 5,430 04-04-2013 07:41 PM
Last Post: oldeskewltoy