B-30's hachi
09-03-2011, 10:10 AM
B-30's hachi
Yes, It is very high in humidity right now! Angry They do use salt here in the winter too, but most wash their cars regularly here, including undercarriage.

Understeer is when the front end hits the wall.
Oversteer is when your back end hits the wall.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you!
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2011, 10:43 AM
B-30's hachi
Sorry for off topic... but gt4st205 it seems to me like there is something wrong with your signature Dumb question

To me, the back end hits the wall by oversteering and the front end by understeering.

Right?

AE86 Full Hybrid - Burns rubber and gasoline
09-03-2011, 01:44 PM
B-30's hachi
Banging head Thank you fir the much needed correction! I swear i'm not that much of a noob... Banging head

Understeer is when the front end hits the wall.
Oversteer is when your back end hits the wall.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you!
11-13-2011, 11:13 AM
B-30's hachi
Been a while since an update. We tackled all the rust on the outside, a few small holes and one needs a tiny bit of welding. Overall it's not bad, especially from underneath. Hope the inside is as good. The problem spots had been treated before, but not properly.

The paint isnt that great to begin with, peels right off.

And a few weeks ago some asshole jumped on my car, making some dents and scratched it. No creases in the dents fortunately.

So time for a new paintjob Thumbs up!

I've also amassed a few parts; coilover set, zenki lip, TRD ducktail and soon sideskirts.

Any ideas for a cool color? I was thinking black/grey two-tone, like the factory option but slightly darker. But there's so many cool things to choose from and each one looks different.
11-13-2011, 12:58 PM
B-30's hachi
blue over black is also a cool combination in my book.. black over anthracite is very nice but I like it better on levin's.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2012, 10:29 PM
B-30's hachi
Been a while now. The car is at the painter.
and my TRD duckwing doesn't fit properly! great.. we'll leave that off for now.

@Ivan
With the blue you mean the color sometimes seen on an american gt-s?
Im considering panda, with silver or blue. I found a topic on the forums about the panda scheme but no specifics as to how wide the stripes should be and where exactly. It seems random

What I suspect so far
- the arches are not completely black but stop near the end of the arch (But where)
- the stripe on the sides is at the location of the rubber bumper strip often found on grey gt-v's
- the top of the rear bumper is not black
- the part under the taillights is black
- the black stripe from the rear to the rear wheel is thicker than the one in the middle
- there is no logic in any of it Crying
01-16-2012, 11:12 PM
B-30's hachi
There is some logic: there is no middle stripe.
Only the side trim is in colour, and the top bits of the bumper. So when painting you basically make it all black upto where your other colour starts.

Arches are indeed not completely covered, though I think it might look nice that way too.

FABRICA MI DIEM, PVNC!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-16-2012, 11:42 PM
B-30's hachi
Ivan141 Wrote:There is some logic: there is no middle stripe.
Only the side trim is in colour, and the top bits of the bumper. So when painting you basically make it all black upto where your other colour starts.

Arches are indeed not completely covered, though I think it might look nice that way too.

Thank you for explaining.

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - B-30's hachi]

Let me get this right, make everything underneath the 'trench' black , then put white on top of the bumpers up to the point where the slope becomes vertical . That only leaves the white stripe on the sides, it doesnt line up with anything and I dont know it's width...or does it line up with the white part on the rear bumper, and has that width?
01-16-2012, 11:51 PM
B-30's hachi
The white stripe on the side isn't actually painted on. It's a side trim painted white and then glued on.

ハチロク

01-16-2012, 11:54 PM
B-30's hachi
Wow. Why do you make a science of painting this car? Dumb question Why don´t you just paint it the way you like it?

AE86 Full Hybrid - Burns rubber and gasoline