B-30's hachi
07-07-2011, 04:08 AM
B-30's hachi
Soak them in WD40 or similar, before you try to push them out.
There are also sealed sperical bearings avaliable (with teflon lip), I used them, the keep the dirt/water out and therefore last longer. Make sure you grease them up before instaling, the came pritty dry from factory.

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2011, 10:58 PM
B-30's hachi
Wish I could get my father interested in building a hachi, but that wont happen.

You must have exceptional convincing skills!

Haaatschi! - Gesundheit!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2011, 12:46 PM
B-30's hachi
Thanks fax & bozu!
Still having doubts about what to do though. I'm prone to the cheap solution, but then again the suspension will have to be updated within a few years anyway.

But you said you thought it was HKS so I guess it's made to last. Ive already sunken so much money into this and I don't have the nerve to ask my father to split the cost (as I already made him cough up money for buying a 25-year old toyota from japan not that long ago)

Ill go for the bearings. Are they common?
07-09-2011, 12:53 PM
B-30's hachi
Oh, while it took alot of convincing, my father is very much excited about the car now!
07-09-2011, 08:37 PM
B-30's hachi
Bravothreezero Wrote:Thanks fax & bozu!
Still having doubts about what to do though. I'm prone to the cheap solution, but then again the suspension will have to be updated within a few years anyway.

But you said you thought it was HKS so I guess it's made to last. Ive already sunken so much money into this and I don't have the nerve to ask my father to split the cost (as I already made him cough up money for buying a 25-year old toyota from japan not that long ago)

Ill go for the bearings. Are they common?

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - B-30's hachi]

Judging by colour and the way it´s build... Check if you find the HKS logo.

It´s not a cheap solution. These bearings just wear out and even if its not an HKS unit I´d rather replace it, if erveryting else ist fine. Paint the corroded parts change screws and they look like new.Smile

They´re called sperical bearings, all you need is the serial number stamped on the outer bearing shell (like GE15ES for example).
If you have trouble sourcing them, write me a message.

:wink:

1979 Toyota Corolla KE35
1983 Toyota Corolla AE86
1985 Toyota Corolla AE86
07-10-2011, 01:09 AM
B-30's hachi
Nice car

Judging from the rust you got on the "seen" panel just tells me one thing - you need some serious action on the " unseen" body parts. I mean I've seen some hachi and they haven't got Swedish metal sorta speaking....
:wink:

Philip
07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
B-30's hachi
Haha well not cheap, but cheaper than a new set of coilovers is what I meant.

@ cannabolic

I've checked in alot of places, it was advertised as having no structural rust. I've seen the car from underneath and it's really clean. Wheel arches are clean as well. Took out part of the interior too, clean underneath! I checked all the spots the site warns about. Someone at some point set the car on fire though, explains the molten seatbelt and black spot under the rear seat (he put in a new seat Tongue). Also found this vintage DBZ figurine:

[Image: AEU86 AE86 - B-30's hachi]

REMOVED retarded statement here; conclusion little rust on the carTongue. But.. you say unseen parts that cannot be seen Tongue so might have to strip it completely one day.
07-13-2011, 11:12 AM
B-30's hachi
Dry air of Japan?
You do know its an island right? Smile

A wheel to steer the front of the car
A pedal to steer the rear
07-13-2011, 11:46 AM
B-30's hachi
oops -____-
09-03-2011, 03:06 AM
B-30's hachi
Allrust that you see need to be cut and weld with new sheeting metal.. That cure to it because rust cancer