Anyone know what this plug does?
08-01-2016, 11:32 AM
[Image: AEU86 AE86 - Anyone know what this plug does?]

Its by the driver side (RHS) kick panel, i assume the other two nearby are something to do with idle up?

I've looked at the wiring diagrams but am having trouble making sense of them.

Cheers
Simon

http://www.super86.co.nz
Find all posts by this user
08-01-2016, 11:46 AM
According to the early diagrams, it's probably a diode, likely for the headlight / rear fog lights or as you already said, the engine idle up.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
08-01-2016, 12:24 PM
(08-01-2016 11:46 AM)Nakilad Wrote:  According to the early diagrams, it's probably a diode, likely for the headlight / rear fog lights or as you already said, the engine idle up.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I agree, it looks very much like a diode, I'm keen to know exactly what it is for, i.e. if its for AC it can go as thats been deleted Wink

http://www.super86.co.nz
08-01-2016, 03:57 PM
It looks like the block with 4 terminals (second from left if you like) is the diodes for the rear defog and the tail lights, the one with 2 terminals is the diode for the heater (second from right), both of which are part of the idle up system (they energise the idle up vsv, but don't seem to directly interact with the idle up computer itself).

If that is the case, the only other items that should be in the same are as those (according to the wiring routing) is a diode for the headlamp / rear fog lamp and the rear fog light relay. I guess from your signature that this is a kiwi loom, and since my diagrams say that rear fogs were only fitted to european cars that might explain why i can't see a relay plug in your picture there.

It does look like there are two green / white wires coming out of one of those terminals (your marked plug), one of which is passing to the other plug (second from right), and maybe also over to the third one (second from left) and i don't see any wire of that color in the idle up diagram (that's no real surprise though, these diagrams are notoriously bad for wire colors).

Sorry, maybe not as much help as i thought i would be there!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  4AGE cylinder head plug removal Ivan141 5 1,075 09-30-2023 09:47 PM
Last Post: Ivan141
  Exhaust has white smoke coming out and I dont know why... mister86 3 3,799 01-19-2020 12:06 AM
Last Post: Power_uP
  Plug ID kazi 6 5,612 02-17-2019 10:07 PM
Last Post: kazi
  16v distributor hole plug harkes 8 8,554 10-12-2016 11:13 AM
Last Post: harkes
  4AGE 16v RWD Bigport Diagnostics Plug? Rascal21 2 7,061 11-15-2014 09:31 PM
Last Post: Bean